PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Just Happened!!??

qwad guy
12-06-2008, 05:50 PM
I went to start my quad and it wouldnt fire then all of a sudden it wouldnt stop trying to start. I took the key out and had everything completely turned off and it was still trying to turn over and if i put it in gear it would inch forward slowly like it was on. What the hell just happened? Now it wont start.

Brauap
12-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Sounds creepy! haha

Well, one reason it won't start now is probally because you either killed your battery or ruined your sillioid (no biggie, cheep and easy and fast to replace) One time I was being an idiot (surpise surpise! haha) and kept on the start button and killed my sillioid.

One reason I think this may have happend was because there was a short somewhere. I am about 99% sure its electrical.. because if you said you took your key out and it kept at it.. something somewhere is not responding to your key..

hondaman146
12-06-2008, 08:21 PM
its a stuck selanoid

QuadManiac
12-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Contacts in the solenoid (starter relay) have welded themselves together. Time for a new one.

leasureryan
12-07-2008, 12:36 AM
smack the solenoid a few good times, then start thinking about replacing it asap

qwad guy
12-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Thats exactly what i thought. Thanks a lot guys! It starts but i have to jump start it everytime lol. GAY!