PDA

View Full Version : Stock clutch lever or aftermarket?

288sunny
12-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Im currently getting rid of my blob and all the uneeded stuff on my handlebars, i havnt decided wheather i want to get rid of the parking break and Clutch neutral safety, but i was curious, do most prefer a different brand clutch perch and lever, or is the stock just as good?

Is the parking brake good to keep or get rid of it?

Also i would like to know what perch and clutch aftermarket setups or worth having, pics would be awesome? Please feel free to post any other info.

Also i have done some searching and couldnt seem to find any good cold hard facts/info on what i was looking for

288sunny
12-06-2008, 09:28 AM
whats everybody think about this one? I think ASV are the best, as the price reflects that, are they really worth all that?

http://advantagecyclelc.com/showproduct.php?id=179&prodnext=0&searchvalue=&nbrProds=15&catId=7#prod

jonboy
12-06-2008, 11:05 AM
ASV are prolly the best but Moose makes the exact same levers for a fraction of the cost. I use a Moose shorty with on the fly adjustment and love it. Yes do away with the parking brake and get a block off plate for the caliper. It only puts more wear on the brake pads.

288sunny
12-06-2008, 12:57 PM
where would i get the block off plate, also do u have a pic of the moose you are talking about?

jonboy
12-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Ask any parts unlimited rep for the moose levers and you can get a block off plate from rockymtnatv