PDA

View Full Version : Rekluse help needed badly!

austin400ex
12-06-2008, 12:36 AM
I just installed an rekluse z start prop and cover in my 07 450r. I helped a buddy of mine put his in just before mine. We put both of them in exactly the same way. His works fine, but mine is engageing at a low idle. We took it back completely apart, noticed nothing and then put it back together. No luck.

One thing that I did noticed was that my clutch basket was slightly worn. I could run mine fingers over the basket and could barely feel any indentations. Could this be contributing to it taking off at a low idle? I know this is a sign of the basket wearing out but it didnt do it before.

Could it get better after the initial break in phase? I havent had the time to do the proper break in....... just messed with it for a little while.

rt20ps
12-06-2008, 07:49 AM
After you installed all of the plates and pressure plate, did you measure your gap with two sets of feeler gauges?? The rekluse kit comes with different thickness steel plates that you use like shims. If your gap is within the specified range and it still grabbing early, you need to change the spring. The kit should have came with two. The only other thing that will increase your stall speed is replacing the steel balls with lighter ti balls.