PDA

View Full Version : In Iraq and looking to ATV Race

AirBoyzT
12-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey Everyone,
I'm Aaron and am currently serving in Iraq with the Army. One of the guys got me interested in getting into ATV Racing. I picked up about 4 magazines that they had here however, any helpful tidbits would be appreciated. Basically I don't even know what size engine I should get or anything. Also any aftermarket stuff and clothing or any other advice would be great. I live in Virginia and we have VXCS (www.vxcs.org) so I know there are races in my area. I have a while here so plently of time to research. Thanks for any Help!
-Aaron

11slash
01-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Aaron. Thanks from 11slash racing for your service and interest in our sport of atv racing. Check out our web site 11slashracing.com for more race stuff and pictures. Send us some data and pic of you and friends and we will profile you. We have many relatives and friends that serve and have served. You will love atv racing as it requires the same type of training and dedication and is very much fun! Our race team travels all across eastern usa and offers challenging tracks and some of the best people and competition anywhere. My daughter Taylor races ATVA MX Youth classes and loves it! I race 2-wheelers local (NC)and have had a blast and Im 47. Enough about us. Please contact us or respond to this thread with any questions or if you just want to shoot the bull. Anything 11slash can do to help you or encourage you to race when you get home we will proudly do!Sometimes we all forget its guys and gals like you that make it possible for us to race and live our lives! I dont know if i answered any of your questions but please write back and Ill try to get you an answer .... Please leave mailing address and we will send you a small race-care package. Again thank you, and God bless you and protect you. Respectfully,ToddCrawford,Taylor Braswell and all of 11slash

LT80
01-02-2009, 07:21 AM
I also apreciate and thank you.

Seeins you dont know if you will even like riding (we all know you will tho) I'd recommend a used 400ex to start. They are the undisputed reliability king. Plenty of modded ones for sale.

You will need nerf bars and a tether (cut off) switch. Nerfs arn't required for XC racing but I don't know how they can race w/o them. They are required for MX racing. A jersey and pants are good but a long sleeve shirt and blue jeans seem to work.
Helmet, gloves, and goggles are a must. Boots too altho some (like me) wear high work boots.

I recommend riding your new machine a heck of alot before thinking of racing, and when you do try racing, go out and follow till you get enough expierience.
Most important thing:: have fun!