PDA

View Full Version : truck guys i need some help

woodsracer144
12-05-2008, 04:09 PM
hey,
i just got a 84 ford ranger... i paid 500 bucks for it from a kid at my school, the raido doesnt work and i dont know what the deal is its not getting power to turn on... what one is the power? theres a like bar with wires on it and then theres a single wire... i thought the single is for the antena....
its a 84 with a 85 V 6, 78XXX on the chassie not sure of how many on the motor... 4x4 lock outs. i'll post up some picks.

thanks for any help! really coudl use it. thanks again.

KXRida
12-06-2008, 05:36 AM
The radio should have one big harness that plugs into a single din type unit. Do you have a stock one? If you need one I might actually have one laying around here somewhere. If not, and you want to install a different one, you will most likely need an install kit.

woodsracer144
12-06-2008, 09:39 AM
well i got it to work but its not the right way for it to be hooked up
theres a red wire that rand to the fuse box and that like pluged in there and then they took another wire and put it in a different spot. but the dome light doesnt work, or the light ofr 4x4 or any of them, i have light on my speed and all the gauges but the 4x4 light, a seat belt and some emss? or somethinkg like that doesnt work... the raido i got with it is a sony.
so where should it get the power from? i thought that it would be ran and use a fuse? theres a 10 amp? fuse in the back side of the raido... i dont know if that would break it if it got too much...

KXRida
12-06-2008, 07:50 PM
first off did you pull your main fuses and check them? Check you fuses first. Is everything wired up?

woodsracer144
12-06-2008, 08:48 PM
yeah, i got it to work, its just a birds nest of wires and its like 10 degrees out right now and donet fell like pissin with it till sumer... but like in the fuse box the fust for the dome light and clock? is out and the wire plugs in on one sid there and then a red wire is pluged in another spot you would have to look at it to understand... its not right but i hope if it is gonna blow a fuse it blows out the one in the back of the raido....

KXRida
12-07-2008, 01:24 PM
haha yah sounds like you have some wiring issues lol. Try getting ahold of a manual and check your wiring. I honestly can't tell you what is what off hand when it comes to the dash.