PDA

View Full Version : physically challanged update

dcarter
12-05-2008, 04:59 AM
Hello Everyone,
Dave here. Have you ever been so blessed by something that you think can not get any better then it does. I got to meet Andrew and his family a few weeks ago when they can up to pick up the quad we had worked on. What a great family!!! Then on thanksgiving day Ryan called me and said someone wanted to speak to me, andrew told me he rode the bike!!! That was so so so cool i could tell by the sound of his voice he was happy. Now just when you think this story could not get any better it does!
I was talking to mark at fox shox the other day and i was telling him about andrew and what had been done to the bike. Then he ask why i had not give him a call about shox, i told him we were just getting the bike so he could ride it. Mark told me that the young man needed some shox for the bike to make it safer. So i called Ryan and he got me tha length's of the front and rear for the 90. I called mark back and he said he would see what he could come up with. I get a call a little while later and he has found shox off of there mountian bike that will work for andrew, they are on the way to my shop so i can make the eye let adaptors so they will bolt into the quad.
Mark and fox have really steeped up in a big way to make a great project even better. TO MARK AND FOX I WOULD LIKE TO SAY A VERY HEART FELT THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
What they have done means so much to me and i just wanted to share that with every one. Thanks Dave

12-05-2008, 05:13 AM
WOW Dave this is a Christmas Andrew will never forget. Im glad to see so many people to help out others in need as Andrew. This is a heart warming story that you see on TV not in real life and Dave and Mark had made this little boys life for a few years. Dave your heart is made of gold and Mark yours as well . You two should get a reward for the "BIGGEST HEARTS OF 2008" Dave and Mark you two are fanominal. God Bless both of you.

Nichols Atvs
12-05-2008, 05:45 AM
Awesome!!!!!

mcwilly
12-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Man, I cant even begin to tell you how this has impacted not only Andrew, but my entire family. Dave, we can never repay you for what you've done....but my wife and I are "paying it forward" every chance we get.
I'm not quite sure Andrew even knows what shocks are, but he was excited when I told him about it yesterday evening. :D I'm sure you'll be hearing from him again soon.

dcarter
12-05-2008, 03:43 PM
I really feel that if everyone in this industry would do just a little we could make a big difference in the world we live in. I have had more fun getting to know people doing this than anything else. I also think that you and your wife are great parents and i can tell that your kids are great kids to. Have a good weekend all!!!

mxdad423
12-05-2008, 04:36 PM
AWSOME, AWSOME, AWSOME,...........It just goes to show that there are still some good people in this world, and it is nice to see that it comes from the ATV Family, no mattter what it always seems like we all pull togeather when we need to. To see the great things that were done for Andrew is AWSOME, I am sure he will never forget. I am so happy to see that Guys like Dave and Mark, 2 guys that I consider close friends of mine giving it their all.
Thank you Dave and Mark for everything that you have done for Brandon and I, the sport of ATV racing, and for being the Great people that you are.

Kevin Smitley :)

fasttimes
12-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Ok so I am sitting here trying not to look like a sissy with glassy eyes and realized nobody can see me so I can let it flow.
I am just building part by part my daughters first race quad and I can promise because of what you guys have done for that young man(Andrew) and the length you guys have gone to help out of kindness and caring , Taylor's quad will have DC and FOX products on it as soon as I can afford them. I don't know Andrew or his family but I want to thank you for what you guys are doing.

Randy