PDA

View Full Version : rear brakes

ammon660
12-04-2008, 05:20 PM
okay i took off my parking brake now my ltr dont squeak! but i took my old rear brakes off cause they were down 2 the wear limit. well i watched what i did and kept everything i took off and i cant get the brake rotor 2 mount back on?

LTRracer4
12-04-2008, 05:56 PM
the rotor or the caliper? the rotor is the disc. On the caliper, you have to loosen the nipple on the top of it, and then take a big C clamp and compress the piston, then put your new pads on and there should be a pretty big gap between them in which you can slide over the rotor. put your bolts back in, tighten the nipple, and pump your brakes a few time and you should be good to go

xtreme 250x
12-05-2008, 09:34 AM
I had a similar problem. Mine was with the mounting bracket or adjuster was frozen out with a little lube and some work i got the bracket to move. Not sure if that helps.

LTandRaptorider
12-06-2008, 08:24 AM
An alternative to loosening the brake bleeder for compressing the piston after installing new pads... Loosen the resevoir cap. Compress piston with c-clamp, sometimes especially on a small caliper you can do this by hand... then re-tighten cap. But yes, compressing the piston is needed after putting new pads on or you will never get the caliper back on.