PDA

View Full Version : Eastern North Carolina?????

I-7
12-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Whats up everyone from north carolina or those of you that know the area. I am transferring schools fall of 2009 from New York to East Carolina University in Greensville. I was just wondering if anyone knows the area and if there is any riding areas out there. Thanks a lot for any replies.

ZeroLogic
12-04-2008, 04:17 PM
I was throwin around the idea about goin down there. I found a website with all the motocross tracks in America. Theres a ton of good ones. Everyone says the town is beatiful as well.

lreeves
12-04-2008, 04:45 PM
check out atvnc.com - theres a bunch of people on there from the eastern nc area. nice place for some bmx riding also, home of Dave Mirra.

12-04-2008, 05:51 PM
www.carolinaadventureworld.com. and tnt are okay places..

quad2xtreme
12-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by I-7
Whats up everyone from north carolina or those of you that know the area. I am transferring schools fall of 2009 from New York to East Carolina University in Greensville. I was just wondering if anyone knows the area and if there is any riding areas out there. Thanks a lot for any replies.

You looking for trails or tracks?

JJs450r
12-04-2008, 09:45 PM
i live about 45 minutes away from greenville theres a hand full of tracks on the east coast theres even a descent outlaw series ran

halfmoonmxpark.com theres a few track listings on there main page welcome 2 the area

JJs450r
12-05-2008, 05:54 AM
im pretty sure ecu was ranked #1 party school in the country haha have fun

stuntin andy
12-05-2008, 12:54 PM
how is that school...(ecu).... i was thinking about going but i herd alota things i dident like... so how did yall like it

JJs450r
12-05-2008, 01:38 PM
closest ive been to ecu was just for the parties haha but heard it was a good all around school

I-7
12-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Well I'm interested in both trails and tracks but i mostly ride mx. As far as ECU goes, they have a decent criminal justice program going on. I'm almost two years through college and I want to experience something new for the next two years before I join the military. I've visited North Carolina before and I feel that I'd enjoy myself down there more than up You guys take kindly to us northerners down there? Haha

shogun_98
12-05-2008, 10:01 PM
I just moved to Greenville about a month ago from PA. Everyone seems nice to us northerners. I don't ride anymore so I'm not sure what the track scene is like I know there is one close though.

12-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Yea check out halfmoonmxpark.com thats one of the tracks around here. Greenville has a track called blackjack thats really technical and fun. Also, some gay kid named harris boyd lives there and has a track. Go to atvnc.com and theres an mx section that shows all of the tracks. If your looking for somewhere to stay at ecu i would check out pirates cove, great place and cool parties haha

12-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Dave Mirra races dirtbikes now so he rides around there when hes home...he picked it up very quickly and is really fast now. Theres also a sick track in or around greenville called cowbranch....i believe their website is cowbranchmx.com.

JJs450r
12-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by I-7
Well I'm interested in both trails and tracks but i mostly ride mx. As far as ECU goes, they have a decent criminal justice program going on. I'm almost two years through college and I want to experience something new for the next two years before I join the military. I've visited North Carolina before and I feel that I'd enjoy myself down there more than up You guys take kindly to us northerners down there? Haha

we are nice we just like how yall talk im sure you like how us hill billys talk haha ya just keep intouch when you come down here get a group ride or something

I-7
12-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Id definatley be down for a group ride. I just found out that I might be moving down to morehead city this summer. I think its pretty close to greenville but anybody from around that area? Also, I'm bringing my streetbike down with me so I'm just wondering how the roads are down there for riding. We got the nice mountain twisties up here but it seems like every other driver on the road is out to kill you. Any of "ya'll" ride motorcycles around the area?

JJs450r
12-07-2008, 02:46 PM
i live about 20 or 25 minutes from morehead and work there couple days out the week, #101 live probalby 5 minutes from morehead in beufort(sp) not really many constant winding road but there are some descent ones ya let me know maybe ill still have my bike time summer comes around morehead proably an hour n half away from greenville, why morehead if you dont mind me asking?

quad2xtreme
12-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by I-7
Id definatley be down for a group ride. I just found out that I might be moving down to morehead city this summer. I think its pretty close to greenville but anybody from around that area? Also, I'm bringing my streetbike down with me so I'm just wondering how the roads are down there for riding. We got the nice mountain twisties up here but it seems like every other driver on the road is out to kill you. Any of "ya'll" ride motorcycles around the area?

Google Dragon's Tail North Carolina or Dragon's Tail Tennessee. You might want to check it out if your going to have your bike this far already.

JJs450r
12-07-2008, 06:04 PM
heard cops were super strict there now wasnt even worth the trip people gettin arrested and ticketsw out the butt hole

12-08-2008, 10:07 AM
morehead is the shiznit...theres a track about 20 minutes from there. Morehead is about 45 minutes to an hour from greenville.

I-7
12-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by JJs450r
why morehead if you dont mind me asking?

Well my brother is a marine diesel mechanic and he landed some job down there working on boats. I'm about 75% sure that I'm going to be moving down there with him and getting a job for the summer, and hopefully getting adjusted to life in the dirty south, maybe even make some friends before I start attending ECU.

12-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Theres alot of yachts in and around morehead and its pretty easy to get a job cleaning a few of them. Ive cleaned yachts around here for the past 3 years its an easy way to make 10 bucks an hour. Get up with me if you head this way we should all go to one of the tracks around here so we can lose to that sandbagger on the honda #88 or #8 or whatever number he is :P Jeremy did you get the overall win this weekend?

JJs450r
12-08-2008, 04:17 PM
ya i got the over all i had more points cuz charles and mike both had a dnf charles put a sick pass on me i wasnt expecting it at all,

ya the south not 2 bad we have good sweet tea :) haha, maybe kinda hard finding a job theres alot of laying off right now but might change by time summer rolls around and youll run across a couple sabbrett hot dog stand :) haha like i said im 25 minutes from morehead, and #101 is only 10 or 15

440racer66
12-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
heard cops were super strict there now wasnt even worth the trip people gettin arrested and ticketsw out the butt hole
they deff have the whole place montitored by camras and they dont let anything slip. that place is shut down for fun.

Justin#38
12-10-2008, 09:59 PM
my brother goes to east carolina university right now and we were going to pick him up for winter break and hit up a track in henderson north carolina. Its about and hour and a half from ECU but the track looks nice from the pics. the website is

ncmp.net

p.s.
my bro says the parties are pretty crazy :)

JJs450r
12-11-2008, 06:23 AM
ya ive been 2 ncmp a few times it pretty sick track

ya thats all they seem to do at ecu is party haha

12-11-2008, 07:14 AM
im actually going to a community college right now for criminal justice. Just a heads up, look out for the girls at ecu they're known to be kinda dirty if you know what i mean....and not in the good way

JJs450r
12-11-2008, 08:33 AM
V-d

Justin#38
12-11-2008, 11:35 AM
haha ya man parties all the time. and he has told me its not too clean down there when it comes to girls

I-7
12-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Yea the girls are like that at every college when they are away from mommy and daddy... You just gotta weed through em and find the good ones.. I'd be surprised if it's worse at ECU then where I go to college now. Thanks for the heads up though haha

Washing yachts for 10 bucks an hour doesn't seem like a bad gig. A question.. How much does a pack of cigarettes cost down there.. there about $6.75 a pack here it's getting expensive.

JJs450r
12-11-2008, 04:18 PM
2-4 dollars depending on brand haha ya my fiances family lives up in the rochester area and we send em cigs all the time