PDA

View Full Version : Eton carb keeps draining. NEED help

86trizinger
12-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Well I am trying to get my sons Eton 70 all done before Christmas.. I try and adjust the carb but as soon as the carb fill with fuel it dumps out the drain and then has to fill again..
Under riding conditions its great until you stop and Idle and then it dumps the fuel out again.

I am not sure where to look for the problem. OKO 21 Carb was rebuilt. But I noticed the one tube coming out of the ful bowl up to the carb is bent at an angle and you have to fish it through the float to get the bowl back on. I need to get this up and running before next week so I can clean it all up for Christmas. I only have 3 weeks left.

12-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Are you sure its not flooding it and the float is not stopping the fuel, comming out the over flow. Have you taken the carb off and check to see if the bent over flow tube is not kepping the float from returning to the top to stop your fuel. Or if its not that check to make sure that the float stops the fuel or adjust the float if this dont help please let me know and I will help you figure this out.. Thanks Toby

86trizinger
12-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks Toby.. I took the carb apart and that bent tube was affecting the float level.. Straightenes back as much as I could.. Now it doesnt leak and it starts with the first kick now. Now to figure out the KASEA CARb issues..

12-05-2008, 04:09 AM
If you need help on the other just let me know what it does and I would be more than happy to help anyone on here. Just reply whats wrong and I will return my thoughts. Thanks 86trizinger

86trizinger
12-06-2008, 02:15 PM
I thought i was fixed..It wasn't. SAT OVERNIGHT AND NOT A DROP OF FUEL. Rode it for 10 minutes and then it started again. It fills up the carb and them comes out the overflow drain.. Is it possible the float needs adjustment? Any know exactly how to do that and what the specs are.

Logan #34's Dad
12-08-2008, 02:37 AM
Okay, Carb in hand, Bowl off. push the float itself up towards the top of the carb. You'll see a needle that has a rubber tip being pushed up into the carb. If the float bottoms out before the needle is all the way seated then the float needs adjusted. I've personally have never been able to figure out the measurement they want. You'll need to bend the tab that the needle is on so that when the float is being pushed up it seals the hole the gas comes from into the bowl. IMO you want as much gas in the bowl as possible w/o it overflowing. Hope that made sense.

86trizinger
12-08-2008, 06:16 AM
was planning on doing that today... I wasn't sure how they meaure it though.

12-08-2008, 06:38 AM
when you pulled it off the other day did you check to see if it was stopped? dump out all gas out of carb and take bowl off put inlet flange in mouth and blow then push up on you float and see where it is shutting off and remember make sure NOTHING is touching your float beside the needle valve take the float to the top without actually forcing it just barely push it up and make sure it shut off then adjust your needle valve the needle valve im talking about is a little valve with a rubber stopper on the end that is hooked on to your float. take to the closeest you can to top but make sure it stops and there is where you want your float hope this will help,

86trizinger
12-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Well I may have gotten it fixed hopefully. I took the floats out and checked to make sure they didnt have any holes it them. They were good. When I took the little valve out I found a light varnish from old fuel . It popped off pretty easily and the plunger is soft now. It seems like it is fully stopping the for now.. Letting it sit with the valve open for a few hours to make sure.