PDA

View Full Version : 2003 400ex 1 Owner-Title & Aftermarket parts

tsargent4
12-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I have a 2003 Red/Black 400ex that was purchased March 2004 and has been routinely maintenanced since as far as changing oil, filter, air filter, etc. I have always ran Valvoline ATV 10w40 oil in the motor. It was a stock motor until May 2008 when I decided it need some more power somewhere. I purchased all parts brand new as follows: JE 10.8:1 (415cc) piston kit, Hotcams Stage 2 race cam, GT Thunder HD head studs, all new gaskets (head cover, head, base and right side clutch cover gasket), EBC Dirt Racer clutch w/ new plates, springs, fibers, new All Balls Racing swingarm bearing carrier bearings, new rear brakes and new steering stem bearings. Other parts include Houser +2 steering stem with fat bars clamps, TAG T2 Silver handlebars, Full FMF Powerbomb header and Powercore 4 slip-on, Uni Air filter, DG Black Steel nerf bars w/ red nets, PRM Summit front bumper, PRM Desert grab bar, PRM belly skid, PRM Swingarm skid, PRM Air scoops, Shockwears shock covers, Moose Racing extended foot shifter. The parts go on...I am sure there's a few I left out, this 4wheeler was ridden by a non-racing rider, primarily used for woods-trail riding. There are a few things that do need fixed: needs a new clutch cable, 1 of the allen heads broke on the swingarm where you loose the 4 allen heads to tighten/loosen the chain, 1 bolt broke off where you mount the front bumper, these both broke from a slight tug too much from tightening. The only other thing is, there were Douglas beadlocks all the way around, but I sold them when I planned on just parting out the 4wheeler and never parted it out. So other than those few fixings and some wheels and tires, the 400 is complete and ridable, I last rode it about 2 months ago, and from the fresh motor build it has approx. 10 hrs on it and DOES need the oil and filter changed before it gets rode once purchased. This 400ex is only open to people willing to PICK UP the atv. NO SHIPPING. I am only looking for offers as of now, possibly letting it go if I receive an offer close to what I am asking, I have some money invested in this quad and will let you know I won't let it go for nothing. If I find out anything else I forgot to list I'll post it. Thanks. I'm located in Bedford, Indiana. Will post pics tomorrow afternoon.

tsargent4
12-04-2008, 07:51 PM
This is blurry because it was taken from my cell phone...get more up later...

honda18
01-20-2009, 11:01 AM
ive been lookin for a cheap 400 u give me ur bottom dollar and we will tlk

tsargent4
01-20-2009, 04:06 PM
..i really need to get rid of both of these i have a few bills to pay and i got a yfz450 now...let me know. thanks.

tsargent4
01-20-2009, 04:13 PM
i dont know if i mentioned it in this forum or not, maybe on ********.com but it has a PRM Baja front bumper now and the rear grab bar I sold. and the right front wheel studs need replaced because I sold the beadlocks on it and when taking them off the wheel was worn against the studs and i fked up the threads trying to get the wheel off.

tsargent4
01-24-2009, 06:27 PM
bump

tsargent4
01-26-2009, 03:26 PM
make offer...THIS NEEDS SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tsargent4
02-04-2009, 11:49 PM
come on people...i am over this damn thing sitting around...

michaelopfer
02-07-2009, 09:04 AM
do the wheels in the picture come with the quad or do you have sometype of other wheels to go with it

tsargent4
02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I do have the stock REAR wheels w/ tires, it DOES need front wheels, I have some tires you could have for the front if you can get some wheels for it...like I said though, it does need RIGHT FRONT wheel STUDS...a few minor bolts fixed and needs a clutch cable...

tsargent4
03-02-2009, 11:13 PM
TTT

tsargent4
03-17-2009, 06:32 PM
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!