PDA

View Full Version : wheel options

TINKRD
12-04-2008, 02:05 PM
What are some wheel options? I HATE how the stock rear wheels are a solid, non-see through design and that there is no “lip” or “depth” to the wheel. I’d like to get something that has more of an offset so to create that “lip”.

Anyone have pictures of different wheels that fit the outlaw?
:cool:

eerhard09
12-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Not a lot of options out there for the IRS unless you change out the offset and widen the thing by about 4-6 inches. There may be some Douglas Ultimates (not the conventional centers) that you can see through and also some Hipers; either option will cost you if you want to stay stock width!!!!!

TINKRD
12-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by eerhard09
Not a lot of options out there for the IRS unless you change out the offset and widen the thing by about 4-6 inches. There may be some Douglas Ultimates (not the conventional centers) that you can see through and also some Hipers; either option will cost you if you want to stay stock width!!!!!

Hmm..well the o’ll lady has already ordered wheel spacers for it as a xmas gift. So I wouldn’t want to get a big offset to widen it “too”much…

That’s my only complaint about the outlaw. The stock wheels are not very appealing.

OutlawBill
12-04-2008, 04:15 PM
my hypers

eerhard09
12-04-2008, 04:18 PM
The Outlaw wheels look much in flat black compared to the stock polished! I LOVE hipers, just can't justify the $700...yet!

yamadict arnold
12-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Outlaw Bill: I have a question for you - actually 2. First, where did you get those pegs?

More importantly: what offsets are you running on your wheels. Also, are your rears 9's or 10's. And finally, it looks like you have bigger tires. What sizes are you running. lokks like 23/22 in the pic. If the rears are 22, do you have clearance issues?

I just defected from yamaha. i was a yamaha man my whole life and decided to swap it out for a brand new 07 outlaw that i got real cheap. Just trying to figure out what to do next. the only thing i did so far was PRM the bottom of it up.

Thanks in advance

OutlawBill
12-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Pegs Rath Cross-country Pegs. Wheels from High Speed Dirt
10 inch Dia. He has many different off sets the rears are 22's so far no problem.