PDA

View Full Version : tattoo on spine? hurt?

fasterblaster09
12-04-2008, 07:25 AM
well my father recently passed away, and im looking into getting a cross on my back with his name. I would like to put in right in the middle, but I was told the spine is the worst part to put a tattoo? and input would be great!

btw- if anyone has any cross', or praying hands tattoos or anything of that nature, please post. thanks, neil

Quad18star
12-04-2008, 08:27 AM
It's stings for a little bit , but that's all . I didn't find that the spine area hurt anymore than anywhere else.

450Rchaser
12-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I got a tatoo in between my shoulder blades. I got it before my wife got pregnant. So it was about 1.5 yrs ago. and I weighed about 30lbs less so my back was kinda bony. Put it this way I couldnt see what he was doing but I could definitely tell when he got close to by backbone. Not my 1st tat so i was use to the feeling of the needle already. It didnt hurt but it made my eyes open up a little wider at times.

12-04-2008, 08:32 AM
i have a tattoo that goes from one shoulder blade to the other. to me, it actually hurt, or should i say, was more annoying towards the shoulder blades than directly over the spine...

this is my least favorite, and newest tattoo...i am debating on having it covered with something else...

Wills77
12-04-2008, 10:42 AM
i just got another one a few weeks ago going the whole way across the top of my back, took 5 hours... the spine was the worst part. i have another one that goes down my ribs and some people say that hurts the most but i think my spine hurt the most. im pretty skinny too so it felt like it was directly on the bone

Moto49X
12-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I've got a few, i didn't think the spine was too bad, stings a little. Ribs and shin bone hurt purdy good too.

04TRX400EX
12-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i have a tattoo that goes from one shoulder blade to the other. to me, it actually hurt, or should i say, was more annoying towards the shoulder blades than directly over the spine...

Pretty similar opinion here. My tattoo is in the center of my upper back in-between my shoulder blades. I really didn't think it hurt at all but was more annoying than anything. I didn't even feel the part over my spine, it was over the shoulder bones that hurt.

By the way, for future reference, the bad place (in terms of pain, not placement - that's your call) for a tattoo is down your side along your rib cage ... apparently hurts like all hell.

ZWILLETT47
12-04-2008, 08:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/KyKult47/ink1-1-1.jpg

sting some

fasterblaster09
12-05-2008, 07:21 AM
ok thanks for the input, i cant wait. I'll be sure to post pics after I get it. :)

fasterblaster09
12-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Im thinking about this one, what do yall think? I know its up to me since it's my body, im just seeking opinions.

http://tattoos-and-art.com/praying-hands-tattoos/

its the 2nd one on the 2nd row (praying hands with jesus's face)

ZeroLogic
12-05-2008, 03:32 PM
I like the third row second one in. The praying hands and the necklace.

Tackett
12-07-2008, 06:25 AM
ive got a iron cross in between my shoulder blades and its fully shaded. I dont think it actaully hurt but it just vibrated my spine alot and was uncomfortable. i dont think that having needles jammed into ur body anywhere would be comfortable though....

maynard22
12-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Tattoo pain rocks!!!