PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Maryland here?

sskustomz
12-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I just sold my quad to a guy in maryland,I sold it with no registration but i did give him a receipt with my name and dl#.I didnt have a reg for it myself because when i traded my 400ex for it i never got one (no its not stolen) just a receipt.THe guy whom bought it knew there was no reg but now he wants to ship this thing to costa rica and needs it and paypal and ebay say i need to help him get or refund his money.So what im askin is does anyone know how this guy can get it registered in maryland? I know in ny all you need is a receipt and the vin and your good to go

Thanks for any help

RAY

RATPACK Z400
12-06-2008, 10:24 AM
I live in MD and never heard of a reg. your quad but he probably needs title to, as you would a car they want to make sure its not stolen if you get title from where you got it then copy and send to him thats the only way he,ll be able to send it to costa rico it needs title same thing they did to me going to mexico had title to get quad in mexico to go riding there.

jrspawn
12-08-2008, 10:32 PM
I would think as long as there isnt a lien on it or it isnt stolen he can go to his local DMV and have a title issued for it. I know my DMV has certain days where you can take anything through that doesnt have title work or might have a vin issue and the police will check everything over and get you set up with a title.

1 bad yz
12-25-2008, 03:36 PM
i think all you have to do is fial for a lost title at the mva and they should get you one i think thats how it works but knot shur so sorry if it doesnt work for ya but thats whare i would start

bosshogg1
12-26-2008, 11:42 AM
an if all fails, both parties go half on buyin a new frame