PDA

View Full Version : thumb throttle

gnccguy
12-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Hello all I am wanting to put an after market thumb throttle on my 2008 KTM 450. Here is my question. what do I do with the throttle position sensor switch?:confused:

gnccguy
12-03-2008, 10:13 PM
This switch is not set up like my 07 450r where u just tape up the switch and your good. The stock tps switch needed pushed for the bike to start and it will rev up and run fine. So I tried holding the stock switch in and like the Honda it would not allow the bike to rev up. So I was like ok easy fix ill just go get a normally open kill switch for a dirt bike mount on the handle bar and hit it when I first start it and everything will be good. Because it don’t need to be hit again to start it till the switch is hit well I done this and it worked just the opposite it would start without hitting the button buy not rev up without the button in. So know no this is a normally closed circuit. I’m going to get a normally closed switch and do my first plan for now. But I would like to know if anyone has eliminated the set up completely.

Thanks, Brad

patrickj75
12-04-2008, 06:45 AM
I have a Honda thumb throttle and a TK Cycles bypass switch for sale if you're interested.

walty
12-04-2008, 06:59 AM
can you explane and give a links for the bypass please

patrickj75
12-04-2008, 07:26 AM
The bypass switch allows you to run a Honda throttle. I bought it from KTM rider Taylor Kiser. It plugs in to the stock plug. Then you turn on the key and press the button on the switch and start it.

walty
12-04-2008, 07:31 AM
then what happen if the engine dies during the race....do you ONLY hit the start button

patrickj75
12-04-2008, 07:48 AM
you're fine if you don't turn the key off. if the key has been turned off then you have to press the button again. I have mine mounted on a dashplate on the bar clamp so its easy to get to. I have the dashplate for sale also.