PDA

View Full Version : For ya hunters...

ZeroLogic
12-03-2008, 04:20 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_deer_attacks_hunter

Talk about revenge!

Hows everyone doin so far? I seen a bear Monday, opening day. Saw two does yesterday and got a story that would make any hunter go what the **** was he thinking, and went out a few hours this mornin and didn't see anything.

Anyone got anything yet?

Pappy
12-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Havent seen anything worth shooting this week. I will hunt here tomorrow then its off to the eastern shore for a few days for Sika and Whitetails, then home again for Bear season!

ZeroLogic
12-03-2008, 04:44 PM
What do ya do with the bear? Just take its fur? I don't have the heart to shoot one, they are just so damn neat.:p

Pappy
12-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Hell no, bear meat is pretty good. bear burger for bear chili, bear roast, bear jerky. Rug to have and a skull mount come second to eating what I kill:p

Cody is going as well, Pro GNCC rider Brent Sturdivant's brother is our host, and Brent may come as well, even though I hear he is scared of bears:devil:

ZeroLogic
12-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Really. I heard bear meat is no good!

I was walkin to my stand opening day, still dark out around 6:30am and I was looking towards my left and all the sudden I hear something shuffling through the ground to my right. I look over and no more than ten feet from me a bear was eattin bugs! As soon as I saw him he looked up and ran for the hills.:p

Yesterday I was in a natural deer blinde on a a hill side, I was dug in real nicely comfortable than ever. I had a grassy area right infront of me and to my right there was a small pond with deer droppins and rubs all over. So I got there around 6:20am the sun was just barely comming up and all morning I heard something walking about and a grunt noise. So I waited in my blind all throughout the morning I kept on hearing walking and what not. 9am comes along and I hear a hunter walking up behind me. I watched him from about 20 yards from me and just kept commin closer and closer. I had no idea how he saw me. He was about 8 feet away from me before he saw me and I nodded my head and he just looked at me and kept walking. He wore khakis with a blaze orange jacket wide open in the front with a grey sweatshirt. He was about four feet wide and 5 feet tall with coke bottle glasses.:p Looked like he never shot a gun in his life. So he walks passed me, through the grassy area and to the pond. I'm beyond pissed right now, then I watch him stop and look through his scope and takes a knee. I'm like you gotta be ****ting me. I watched him though my binclulars and he stood up, kneed down stood up, kneed down stood up kneed down, stood up and took a shot at the deer I was hearing all morning. It wasn't moving and he missed it! It was no more than 20 yards from him also! He starts cussin and takes another shot and misses again and starts yelling and walks away. I was pissed! I was about to take a shot in the air to scare off the deer so he couldn't get a shot.:p

I left me blind and came back around 2pm then around 3pm I had a nice size doe walk infront of my and do a "u" shape around me about ten feet away.

But anywho thats all that happened this year. Other than a squirrel jumping into my blind and me scaring the crap out of him.:p

Sorry if thats confusing, I'm in a hurry.:blah:

gabespal
12-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey Zero , you hunt up in Dingmans

ZeroLogic
12-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Yessir, Actually if your going towards Scraton on 84, about I want to say, 5 or so miles before the Dingmans/Lords Valley exit. The woods on the left side.

redlineranger
12-03-2008, 06:15 PM
i've got sh#t on about 5 times this year. this past sunday i was bow hunting behind the house and was half draw on a doe when the one i didnt see had come around to my left and saw me. blowed and they all ran. like 15 of them.

the rest of the times theyve either been spooked by some damn dogs that im apparently gonna have to shoot, or these loud ***** people that live around me. i never can have a decent day of hunting. things are getting better though so hopefully this weekend i'll take one and be able to show some pics

ZeroLogic
12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
How far from the house do you hunt?

cletusEX
12-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Bear meat is actually not bad. I've had it in stews and chilis and thought it tasted pretty good.

Here's one for ya Kenny, just something to keep ya up at night dreaming!

redlineranger
12-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
How far from the house do you hunt?

well im on 5 acres of land, with and additional 5-8 acres after permission from all my neighbors. all it is as huge hardwood bottom, you cant even ride a 4wheeler up and down the hill its so steep. so after i walk down the hill, and to my stand probably about 300 yards. but all the land is like a big circle cause its all surrounded by houses and subdivisions.

i think the deer might just be a lil more suspicious last year cause according to my neighbors im the first to hunt this whole tract of land in 10 or more years. im right by a swamp to, so during the rut the swamp bucks pop up, but you gotta be in the right spot and be ready.

Pappy
12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX

Here's one for ya Kenny, just something to keep ya up at night dreaming!

I hope I get to hear them bugle again!!!! right before I send 165 grain love note threw its lungs:D

See you at camp tomorrow evening!

gabespal
12-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Yessir, Actually if your going towards Scraton on 84, about I want to say, 5 or so miles before the Dingmans/Lords Valley exit. The woods on the left side.

Zero, you must be speaking of the area between 739 and Raymondskill, yes

ZeroLogic
12-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Bingo, acutally if your going towards New York on 84,right after the Lords Valley exit you'll see a cell tower on your right hand side. I can get right next to that tower. I live down on 739.

byrdman37876
12-04-2008, 12:04 AM
got in the tree right before dawn, waited until about 1000 am, came down started home and about 2 miles down the road there was a buck standing in a feild :mad: :cuss: :cuss:

damn the luck

gabespal
12-04-2008, 06:50 AM
I'm familiar with the area, do you ride out that way.

ZeroLogic
12-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by gabespal
I'm familiar with the area, do you ride out that way.
Nah, I ride at Montrose, its about 2 and a half hours from me but damn worth it. I really don't ride much anymore.:ermm: