PDA

View Full Version : Some parts in :), Gains? What new parts? Looks?

Bridgewater
12-02-2008, 05:31 PM
My Quad. black and red 2007 400ex

Alright so here we go, finally starting to lay down the cash for these upgrades. Btw i posted something with questions about badlands not to far back, we went and it was kick ace haha, i reccomend it to anyone in the area. Located in Attica, IN. Definatly worth the 3hr drive for us.

*Parts so far..
-Full HMF carbon fiber bill balance pro series exhaust.
-Sparks Timing Key.
-Jet (reccomended jetting?)
-k&n Filter.
-Open Air Box.
~Whats gains should i be looking at for these..waiting until xmas break when i finally have sometime to install.

*parts im working on getting ..(would love brand..ect. recomendations).
-Hand Guards? (whats a good look?)
-Nerf Bars (AC, DG, Moose? best brand for best price?)
-AC Front Bumper.
-Pro Armor Full Skids

*Looks? (i want my quad to be able to turn heads lol. btw this will come last)
-FX Monster Graphics Kit With All-Grip Seat.
-Few Stickers Under Plastic.

*Just anything you guys think would be a good affordable upgrade.

12-02-2008, 05:41 PM
my suggestion will always be to protect the quad with skids then go for the suspension. the stock power is more than what the stock suspension can handle and i am not just talking big jumps. any kind of handling improvement you can make will make you and the machine faster because you will be able to stay on the throttle longer and get back on it sooner as well as keeping more throttle on in the turns. you will be getting the power to the ground better and using the power to keep the atv where you want it to go instead of the power pulling you off course.

i would suggest a gt thunder rear link and rear shock revalve, and your pocket book decides what to do for the front..revalved 450r fronts are a good start or you can go big with something like pep 8 click big cans...

after the suspension is good, then mod the power output

Bridgewater
12-02-2008, 05:57 PM
yeah i planned on working on the suspension soon along with new a-arms but i wasnt for sure how my pocket would handle it.
i hear about gt thunder alot, what would the run to get both front and back shocks re done? how well would 450r shocks hold up if you didnt send them in?

raw67
12-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Hey man,
I live 20 miles west of Indianapolis and I ride at the Badlands alot. I have a 2005 400ex. If you like riding there I would definately invest in skid plate and handgaurds. I have a LRD full system , k&n, mod airbox lid,dynojet kit,(the exhaust and airbox and jetting combined made HUGE diff) stock gearing, T-9 Baja's with ITP HD tires, Skid plates, power madd handgaurds, pro armor bumpers and nerf bars, etc etc. I feel like mine is just right for that place. However I am considering upgrading my Suspension...

raw67
12-02-2008, 06:00 PM
here are more pics

raw67
12-02-2008, 06:01 PM
and more

raw67
12-02-2008, 06:02 PM
and last

Bridgewater
12-02-2008, 06:03 PM
yeah i live about 45 miles south of bloomington in a little town called loogootee lol.
Good looking quad bro, looks kinda what im going for except with a monster red and black graphics kit, yeah badlands is a blast, but like u and speedyquad said the 400ex needs some suspension work.

12-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Bridgewater
My Quad. black and red 2007 400ex
*Parts so far..
-Full HMF carbon fiber bill balance pro series exhaust.
-Sparks Timing Key.
-Jet (reccomended jetting?)
-k&n Filter.
-Open Air Box.
~Whats gains should i be looking at for these..waiting until xmas break when i finally have sometime to install.

you will love those mods! i have a similar setup I just have the HMF slip on rather than the full system and my quad rips compared to stock. i whoop on my brothers quad easy and the only other mods we have different is i have the advanced timing key, choke removed, and header welds ground down (which didnt do anything noticable). 2nd gear he has razrs so he gets me by a half length or less then 3rd gear i'm gone i just fly past and 4th gear i pull even further.

Bridgewater
12-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
you will love those mods! i have a similar setup I just have the HMF slip on rather than the full system and my quad rips compared to stock. i whoop on my brothers quad easy and the only other mods we have different is i have the advanced timing key, choke removed, and header welds ground down (which didnt do anything noticable). 2nd gear he has razrs so he gets me by a half length or less then 3rd gear i'm gone i just fly past and 4th gear i pull even further.

thanks bro,
i was looking to hear something good about these haha.
it put a hole in my pocket expeshally with the full exhaust but its definatly worth it to me if its gunna show it