PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Washington

Kirt13
12-02-2008, 05:16 PM
So I am moving to the Seattle, WA are.
What is the drive time to the Oregon dunes from Seattle?
What are the closest ATV performance shops to Seattle?

havinnoj
12-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Mac Racing, Patriot Racing, Piranha Hybrid Engines are all in Washington I believe. But not near seattle. Seattle is probably 4 hours to Portland with a trailer? And then another 4 from Portland to get to Florence, Winchester, and Coos. 2 hours to a small sand area - Sand Lake - not worth it. You have some drive time!!:eek2:

pdxbigfoot
12-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Quite abit of big names in the metro area.
Led performance, Fullbore, Direct Drive, Cascade Innovations, White Knuckle Racing, LRD, and a few others that escape me.
There is also a fairly good amount of 250R's running around.
Welcome to the Pacific Northwest, its amazing!!

dunatic
12-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by havinnoj
Mac Racing, Patriot Racing, Piranha Hybrid Engines are all in Washington I believe. But not near seattle. Seattle is probably 4 hours to Portland with a trailer? And then another 4 from Portland to get to Florence, Winchester, and Coos. 2 hours to a small sand area - Sand Lake - not worth it. You have some drive time!!:eek2:

Ryan

Where have you been ?

MAC Racing (Salem Oregon) [Brent MacMillon - sp ?] went out of business back in 2002 or earlier. His shop was 4+ hours South of Seattle.

Patriot Racing (Dan Wade) is in the Seattle area. Dan works daily in the aero space industry and is an excellent machinist and engine builder.

Pete Schemburger - sp ? Hybrid Engineering is located in Vancouver (3 hours from Seattle). He is currently the single cylinder guru. You know how that is....when your on top, everyone is trying to knock you down. Pete is an EXCELLENT machinist & engine builder. He has singles doing things that twins cannot.

Its a 180 miles from Seattle to Portland (3 hours).

Then 1.75-2 hours to Sand Lake (West of Portland)

or..............

3-4 hours to the Southern most dunes (Florence, Windy Bay, Spinreel or Coos).

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan is your head still hurting from the beating your Beav's took this past weekend against the Ducks ?

havinnoj
12-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by dunatic
Ryan

Where have you been ?

MAC Racing (Salem Oregon) [Brent MacMillon - sp ?] went out of business back in 2002 or earlier. His shop was 4+ hours South of Seattle.

Patriot Racing (Dan Wade) is in the Seattle area. Dan works daily in the aero space industry and is an excellent machinist and engine builder.

Pete Schemburger - sp ? Hybrid Engineering is located in Vancouver (3 hours from Seattle). He is currently the single cylinder guru. You know how that is....when your on top, everyone is trying to knock you down. Pete is an EXCELLENT machinist & engine builder. He has singles doing things that twins cannot.

Its a 180 miles from Seattle to Portland (3 hours).

Then 1.75-2 hours to Sand Lake (West of Portland)

or..............

3-4 hours to the Southern most dunes (Florence, Windy Bay, Spinreel or Coos).

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan is your head still hurting from the beating your Beav's took this past weekend against the Ducks ?

The Ducks win shocked me, but I still flew the O State flag on the trip home :blah: It's too bad the game wasn't better in that atmosphere and night!!

I think I heard some of that from you and on PS at some point, but I'm on these boards to check a couple things regularly... I've fallen off a bit I guess!!

JTRtrx250r
12-03-2008, 09:51 AM
im about 11 miles outta downtown seattle, usually takes about 7 hrs to get to Flourence....give or take stops etc. theres a few tracks around (mx, tt, flat track etc) and quite a few ORV parks in the state

any idea of what area around seattle?

on another note...too bad you sold that CBR....for such a "rainy" state, this place has wicked roads and the sportbike scene is huge!

Kirt13
12-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
im about 11 miles outta downtown seattle, usually takes about 7 hrs to get to Flourence....give or take stops etc. theres a few tracks around (mx, tt, flat track etc) and quite a few ORV parks in the state

any idea of what area around seattle?

on another note...too bad you sold that CBR....for such a "rainy" state, this place has wicked roads and the sportbike scene is huge!
I sold the bike to help with the engagement ring. :)
We are planning to live on the south side of Seattle.

rustyATV
12-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm surprised there is so much going on up there, what with all the crying hippies in that state.

TCSMotorsports
12-03-2008, 09:27 PM
We live about an hour south of Seattle and it takes us about 6 to 7 hours to get to the Oregon Dunes.

As far as performance shops in the south end, there is Action Cycles in Tacoma, S & S Motorsports in Puyallup and Patriot Racing out of Bonney Lake. All are very reputable shops that do excellent work.

Aceman
12-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Kirt13
I sold the bike to help with the engagement ring. :)
We are planning to live on the south side of Seattle.

Just curious, what makes a guy move all the way from the east coast to a place like Seattle? Don't like the Atlantic ocean?:)

dunatic
12-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Just curious, what makes a guy move all the way from the east coast to a place like Seattle? Don't like the Atlantic ocean?:)

Dude (Aceman)

Your from Hermiston, the arm pit of Oregon. Sorry, but I just had to get that dig in.

Seattle (like Portland) has lots to do......they just don't have any sand dunes nearby.

I especially like the half naked barrista's up there ragin against Starbucks.

Next year theyll have a MLS team playing pro soccer. The Sea-Chickens cant buy a game even if their opponent doesnt show up to play and the Mariners have just lost the love of the game (and their fans)....of course we already know the Sonics are already gone.

Kirt13
12-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
I'm in the military. U.S. Coast Guard to be exact.
I just thought it would be nice to try out the West coast for a while. Seattle was the only place where I could go in the NW. Cali was open but my fiance didn't want to move their.

mcboomport
12-05-2008, 09:18 AM
I've been here for over 5 years now. Hopefully you can ski or snowboard. Be ready for 5 months of rain!! I have such a hard time with it if I can't get up to the mountain once a week and snowboard.
I much prefer the fall and winters back in Pennsylvania.

But... You will love the summers out here, nicest in the US for sure!! Especially the dunes!!!!! The only dunes I ever saw back east, were at Kitty Hawk, NC, which are beautiful. (but can't be ridden) If you've seen those, imagine those 100x....

oh, and If you grew up in the creeks, rivers and oceans back east, be prepared to freeze your butt off out here. The water is sooooo cold. haha.

havinnoj
12-05-2008, 12:09 PM
When you do decide to make the well-worth trip to Florence-Coos Bay, post something here or PM some of us and we'll try and get out and show you around!!

brokenbones
12-05-2008, 03:23 PM
if you are a coasty the seattle port is about 10 to 15 minutes away from me and it takes me about 6 or 7 to get to the oregon coast

look me up when ya land here i know another coasty that is in port right know but he goes out for 5 months i think in february

i will run ya to ride the sand any time and we can meet up with some fellas on the board

Kirt13
12-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Sounds great. Thanks!!!

dunatic
12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
What ever you do, don't follow Ryan up or down the trail to the North of Banshee hill at Windy Bay.....he still hasn't quite captured the full essence of that ride yet.

Just ask him, he'll explain. If not, Ive got pics.

Originally posted by havinnoj
When you do decide to make the well-worth trip to Florence-Coos Bay, post something here or PM some of us and we'll try and get out and show you around!!

JTRtrx250r
12-05-2008, 05:40 PM
yep, summers rule in the PNW!

Wa state has a little bit of everything, theres a reason Ive stayed in this state most of my life

rainy cold falls/winters suck tho, and when the weather acts up people seem to freak out and cant handle it:rolleyes: usually the Cali transplants tho haha

we get snow, but depending on where your at...its more like lucky to get it. We got mountains, desert, dunes, lotsa coastline etc...wa has alot to offer...

Aceman
12-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by dunatic
Dude (Aceman)

Your from Hermiston, the arm pit of Oregon. Sorry, but I just had to get that dig in.

Seattle (like Portland) has lots to do......they just don't have any sand dunes nearby.

I especially like the half naked barrista's up there ragin against Starbucks.

Next year theyll have a MLS team playing pro soccer. The Sea-Chickens cant buy a game even if their opponent doesnt show up to play and the Mariners have just lost the love of the game (and their fans)....of course we already know the Sonics are already gone.

Who put their hand up your skirt? I simply asked why he picked Seattle, I have no problem with it.

For the record, I moved to this armpit because that is what it took to become an electrician. I lived near Tillamook before this and am looking forward to moving back. 7 hrs to Windy Bay from here sucks...

mxduner
12-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by rustyATV
I'm surprised there is so much going on up there, what with all the crying hippies in that state. lol thats what i was thinking.Really, wa. is amazing.went there in '06 to watch the washougal pro nationals and see the dunes, and go up to see the mountains... man it is beautiful.you will enjoy it.