PDA

View Full Version : Honda TRX 250ex will not start

jkissinger
12-02-2008, 02:54 PM
I have a 2003 honda TRX 250ex that will not start unless it is jumped. I replaced the battery, which made no difference. I checked to make sure the kill switch was in the correct position and checked all battery cables / connections. When I try to start it, it makes a clicking noise and sometimes turns over, but never near enough to start it. When I attach jumper cables to a car, it starts right up. Any ideas as to what is going on? Thank you in advance to all who reply.

banshee6767
12-02-2008, 03:28 PM
check your ground cable on the frame and make sure there is no **** built up on the wires causing to much resistance

jkissinger
12-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I have a double wammy going here - I not mechanically inclined and I lack knowledge related to ATV's- but I would like to learn. Where does the wire connect to the frame? Do you know where I might find a wiring diagram?

jeepguy46126
12-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Just follow the wire from the neg. post to the frame , it cant be that long.

jkissinger
12-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I followed the negative cable to the frame - but it is attached to the motor - not frame. The area is clean. I took off the negative to the battery and reconnected it there to make sure that nothing was causing a bad ground. It is still clicking -. probably 5 to 10 clicks a second - when I try to start it. The engine is not turning over. Any other ideas? Thank you for your help so far!