PDA

View Full Version : rancher programmer?

littlebigman
12-02-2008, 12:29 PM
anyone know if you need a programmer to go along with a hmf exhaust on a 07 rancher with efi? i was told that all i had to do was unplug negative terminal on battery and let computer reset so when you plug it back up it will learn the new exhaust flow. is that true?

littlebigman
12-04-2008, 05:40 PM
damn is this place dead or what? only 8 views and no replies.

rt20ps
12-05-2008, 07:13 AM
You are going to need a programmer to make any changes. The FI system does not compensate for things like an aftermarket exhaust. You may want to install the exhaust and see how it runs first. I wouldn't expect to see any performance gains unless you get it properly tuned. Get yourself a Power Commander.

Colby@C&DRacing
12-05-2008, 08:11 AM
I agree the EFI system used on atvs do not have wide band O2 sensors in them. You will need a programmer I would use the power commander

littlebigman
12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
ok. i have had several people tell me 2 different things. i just talked to a mechanic at the local dealer and he told me that all you have to do is unhook the negative terminal on battery and it will reset computer and it will learn the new air flow. and i am not looking for performance gains, i just liek the lower tone.

RipinItUp 400EX
10-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Whats better the dynojet power commander or the hmf efi optimizer?

usp4u
10-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by littlebigman
ok. i have had several people tell me 2 different things. i just talked to a mechanic at the local dealer and he told me that all you have to do is unhook the negative terminal on battery and it will reset computer and it will learn the new air flow. and i am not looking for performance gains, i just liek the lower tone.
I dont understand how that would work on an open loop (non O2 sensor) efi system. get a power commander and know that its done correctly.