PDA

View Full Version : 300ex bogging after jumps

heavy g
12-01-2008, 07:24 PM
My new-to-me 300ex is experiencing a near complete loss of power after hitting a small jump (2'). Lasts for a couple of seconds and then runs strong the rest of the time. I suspect it is probably a problem with the float, or fuel sloshing when getting the negative G at the top of the arc? Any tips on what to be looking for? Definitely seems like a fuel problem. There was no water to speak of at this trail.

thanks in advance

dirtdawg
12-01-2008, 07:48 PM
clean the fuel system out. line, filter, in-tank filter w/ carb cleaner. check the float height as well. i myself have never heard of this type of problem. let me know what ahppens after a good thorough cleaning. also clean the carb.

heavy g
03-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Finally got around to rebuilding the carb and it has corrected the problem. However no smoking gun was found and the float height was just fine. Maybe the float needle was sticking or one of the jets had some crap in it? Oh well, one simple rebuild after 14 years of abuse fixes the issue. Thanks for the help.

PS went to breezewood proving grounds (Clearville, PA) yesterday to give it a thorough test- what a hoot that place is! Dan is a great guy- go visit him if you have a chance.

http://www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com/BPGIndex.html