PDA

View Full Version : Hey 310 Owners....easy one for ya!

Toddmac
12-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I got an easy question for ya, I have been fighting a few issues with my 310 and have decided I'm gonna replace the head gasket while it's apart...I am getting water on the plug and although I can't see the radiator going down, or the reservoir...I think I want to replace it to be sure all is well.

Should I be able to get that head gasket at the dealership? Does anyone have a part number for one. The person I got the bike from lives in an area where the dealer does alot of build ups but around here where I am, I don't think that's gonna be the case.

Thanks! Todd

jon370r
12-02-2008, 02:32 AM
They are O rings from early 90's YZ 250. I usually ask for 93-94.

Toddmac
12-02-2008, 06:46 AM
I don't think mine are O-rings. Just a normal gasket only I'm thinking it might be bigger for the 310.

C-LEIGH RACING
12-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Do you have a stock TRX250R cylinder or a Pro-x cylinder.

If you have a stock 310 big bore sleeved cylinder, a new fiber head gasket & a tube of Three Bond #1211 sealant will cure the problem.
Whats the closest 2 stroke parts supplier or racing team to you.
Cometic gaskets, has just a single head gasket for the TRX cylinder, could give them a call or internet.
Neil

Toddmac
12-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi,
I'm not sure of the make. It was built by ATV Racing in Arizona so I emailed them. It has not markings other than thier marking etched into the outside of the cylinder...:(

The father in law that had it before me said I have to split the head gasket and that a Honda dealer should have it but he "thought" it would need to be the 310 gasket.

C-LEIGH RACING
12-02-2008, 07:58 AM
That stock 3 piece one hes talking about splitting only goes up to a 68mm so its not big enough.
Only way it could be used, would be if the inside was opened up to the 73mm bore size.
I dont have the gasket part number in front of me right now for the big bore, but Cometic has that head gasket by itself.
Go to their site & check the listing.

For God sake though, dont get the copper one.
Neil

Toddmac
12-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
For God sake though, dont get the copper one.
Neil

LOL..thanks Neil, I will check into getting that one. I appreciate the info, this is all new territory for me as you can tell.