PDA

View Full Version : Texas 700xx Owners...

5W0P3
12-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Who all is here from Texas? I'm from DFW area and looking for people and places to ride.

Btw, my name is Jeff

scuzz
12-02-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm in Round Rock, and willing to meet somwhere in the middle. If I plan far enough ahead I'd be willing to meet at red river ATV, but it would be a like a 4 hour drive...Ugh.

5W0P3
12-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
I'm in Round Rock, and willing to meet somwhere in the middle. If I plan far enough ahead I'd be willing to meet at red river ATV, but it would be a like a 4 hour drive...Ugh.

Have you ever gone to the Sam Houston National Forest? its right there by Conroe, TX. says they have 87 miles of ATV trails. Not sure if it'd be worth it or not. I know there is a place to go by Mason, TX as well, that's west of you.

scuzz
12-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Since I've moved here I've only been out riding once (in Texas). I haven't been to Sam Houston, bit I've heard it was geared towards 4x4 with mud and everything. I could be wrong, but that was what I'd heard.

The place I did go was boulder creek:

http://www.bouldercreekfarms.org/atv.html

It was a HUGE place with 300 acres, but the price was kinda steep at $35 for a place with port-a-potty's. Staff was nice though.

My name is Gary and I'm also a mod on club700xx.com

5W0P3
12-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Since I've moved here I've only been out riding once (in Texas). I haven't been to Sam Houston, bit I've heard it was geared towards 4x4 with mud and everything. I could be wrong, but that was what I'd heard.

The place I did go was boulder creek:

http://www.bouldercreekfarms.org/atv.html

It was a HUGE place with 300 acres, but the price was kinda steep at $35 for a place with port-a-potty's. Staff was nice though.

My name is Gary and I'm also a mod on club700xx.com

From the time i was about 10 years old till 21 I rode a 2wd 86' Honda TRX200 FourTrax. I've had that in every place a 4x4 has been and then some. I havent ever really needed 4x4. I'm pretty confident this new 700xx is going to do just fine in any element I put it in.

Nice to meet you Gary.

Edit: I've never been to club700xx lol... registering now :D

scuzz
12-02-2008, 09:31 AM
:) Yeah, I used to have a 400EX and this 700 can go places that other solid rear axles couldn't dream of. The IRS gives excellent ground clearance and allows you to go through some pretty rutted-out and rocky stuff with ease.

Your biggest complaint with mud and the 700xx will be that there is nothing to protect the front rotors from getting mud in them and wearing some of the pad surface out. You'll really notice it when you've been playing in a mud hole for a while and you haul butt elsewhere to grab the front brakes and "surprise!" there aren't any...until you grab it again.

5W0P3
12-02-2008, 09:45 AM
You'll really notice it when you've been playing in a mud hole for a while and you haul butt elsewhere to grab the front brakes and "surprise!" there aren't any...until you grab it again.

That should make things interesting. I'll be washing the quad for a 3rd time since I bought it friday, hopefully today or tomorrow when it warms up a little bit... just for stage three of mud/sand removal. lol

scuzz
12-02-2008, 09:47 AM
lol!

I've had mine so muddy that the key stopped working.

I took it to the dealer with both sets of keys. They removed the lock and WD40-ed the dirt and mud out and told me to stay out of mud above the ignition key...lol.

5W0P3
12-02-2008, 10:01 AM
lol!

I've had mine so muddy that the key stopped working.

I took it to the dealer with both sets of keys. They removed the lock and WD40-ed the dirt and mud out and told me to stay out of mud above the ignition key...lol.

lol... ooops!