PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket ignition box problems

derek300ex
12-01-2008, 07:08 PM
I got a new after market ignition box on my 300ex it won't start with the new one. but I can plug in the stock one start the 4-wheeler unplug the stock box (while its running) than put the new box on and it works. I'm all confused by this, would someone help!

dbc112
12-02-2008, 01:19 PM
What brand did you get? The ebay one for $19? It sounds like improper connection... weird behavior

derek300ex
12-02-2008, 06:21 PM
its the ebay one for $19 I'm sending it back, I all ready have a new one its a rev max I got it off a friend.

dbc112
12-03-2008, 06:46 AM
I have tried to contact that guy about 5 times with no response... Who was the seller? Was it V9motor?

You are abut the 4th person to say the same thing. I call shannanagans and think we should receive a full refund not 30% less.
Here is what I sent via ebay mail

I have tried to contact you several times with no response.

4 members within the exriders forum bought this CDI. All with the same non working result, All of th CDI supplied WERE FAULTY. I

At this point, I do not expect to pay a "Restock" fee due to the fact you have sold all of us faulty parts. I am beginning to question the validity of your store. Please respond asap with the following.

1. Information to attach to assure a FULL refund including shipping charges

I appreciate your prompt response, hopefully I do not need to raise this with Ebay and Paypal.

Dan

bwamos
12-03-2008, 07:10 AM
He's probably supplying a 250x box which has the same connectors, but different wiring.

dbc112
12-03-2008, 07:16 AM
The description says "TRX300EX TRX 300EX CDI Box W/ Electronic Adva"

i am pushing for a full refund and any shipping cost, to and from. I have emailed both sellers V9motor and the host store motorparts2829.. I plan to contact ebay and paypal.

Are you working with the same seller?

personally I expect a full refund for shipping as well as purchase price