PDA

View Full Version : 02 CRF cam....

dpizz450
12-01-2008, 06:13 PM
OK so i finally got my 02 crf cam put in my 05 450r after reading so many good reviews about it. i got it put in and did not notice a noticable difference in power. the only things i noticed was it was a little smoother. no real power gains. whats with this? its suppose to just be a drop in cam right? am i suppose to rejet to? i know i need to do my intake and exhaust to help but i figured i would notice a little difference before i did the intakea and exhaust, and i really didnt. anyone help? do i absolutely have to do the intake/jetting for my cam to perform good? help me cause im a little dissapointed.....

running stock jetting, air box lid on, and stock exhaust, stock air filters. all stock. no mods.

CR500rider
12-01-2008, 06:54 PM
first of all i would ditch the airbox lid, or at least cut the rear portion of it out. That alone would get you a noticable difference in power. while you are at it pull the baffle out of the exhaust, again that will give you a noticable incrase in power. As for the jetting, yes you do need to re-jet for the stuff i just told you about. As for re-jetting for the cam, that im not sure of.

d3ktrix
12-01-2008, 08:44 PM
No engine mods will make a noticeable gain until u ditch the air box lid.
Not even engine porting, stroker, exhaust.

Right now ur engine is sucking air through a 1/2" by 1" hole.
"High flow" mods are useless with that kind of air flow :P

And yes u will have to rejet after u take the lid off.

If the only mod u are changing is the cam, rejetting is not normally required.

400exrider707
12-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Running stock exhaust and stock intake with the lid on is killing the breathing capabilities of that motor. Just taking the lid off and rejetting will make a world of difference.