PDA

View Full Version : any ideas

rookiex
12-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Let me RE CAP what happed to the quad.

I got it running after 3 years ran great. started fine.Started riding it alittle hard and oil from the clutch/timing chain side came out of a oil outlet hose on the top of the cover.Drained some oil out problem stopped.Started up rode again shut off going up a hill 1st shut off. started up again ran for a second shut off.Pushed home.Started it again ran fine fast and hard hopped off a jump shut off (didnt start) pushed home.Thinking maybe the gas was crappy got some new fuel drained the tank tried again.Did not start and has not started scince.It will crank strong spark good.I ordered a new coil put it in place but then a rubber o ring on gas tank fitting tore and now leaks on the intake end of the gas tank.Still just cranks.

When we worked on it to get it running we took the whole radiator out and flushed it.Is there ANYTHING that could not be hook up right it almost seems electrical.How it kept wanting to run right but kept shut off.

Check list.
1.New battery
2.new plug
3.New coil
4.getting fuel

How can I got the fly wheel bolt off without a inpact

loons
12-01-2008, 06:21 PM
You need a flywheel puller to remove the flywheel. Remove all you electrical connections and coat them with dialectic grease. Sounds to me like you aren't getting enough fuel. Have you tried gutting your quick disconnects?

And FYI, the oil drains out of the overflow like that when the oil from the tranny side is leaking into the crank side.

rookiex
12-02-2008, 11:06 AM
what would cause that? because it was over filled.I talked to dave muller he said that was prolly the case.

2000ex
12-02-2008, 03:49 PM
I guarantee it is electrical. Check ALL of your connections and ensure they are tight. Make sure to check the starter solenoid wires as well. They can become frayed and will cause the symptoms you are describing. Depending on the style it is generally the later versions where the blue and red wire come out of the side of the plastic case.

rookiex
12-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Check list..

1.New battery
2.New coil
3.New spark plug
4.New fuel filter
5.Checked for spun flywheel everything is perfect
6.bypassing bottom suction on the tank to the fuel filter getting lots of fuel and return still nothing....

2000ex I'd like to start off by saying YOUR DALE IS NUTTS...And where can I locate these wires you speak of?? tell me what its near.

2000ex
12-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks!

This should be on the side by your battery if in the stock location. it is on the battery mount strap usually if it was left there.

rookiex
12-02-2008, 06:23 PM
ah its the little black thing with the red wires going to it.

rookiex
12-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Wires seem to be nearly brand new on the selanoid 2000ex

I also came across some info on the relay inside the computer box about dirt and not being connected right..So I pulled it off sure enough it was EXTREAMLY dirty.The plugs full of dirt oil like film just filthy I dont even see how it could of worked right.