View Full Version : need pics of 400ex handguards

OutlawEX
12-15-2002, 11:34 AM
I am currently loooking to buying hand guards and i cant see which ones i want....So if you could post pics of some and list the brand and the name i will be a happy camper thanks:D

Tommy 17
12-15-2002, 02:34 PM
acerbis rally pro...

OutlawEX
12-15-2002, 03:47 PM
those look sweet,how much were those?

Sparks425Ex
12-15-2002, 04:11 PM
If you are going to race MX. I would suggest open ended hand guards. Closed ended ones whiel jumping can make for some pretty hurt wrists.

If racing Xc go with Closed end though.

THe Acerbis open ended ones are like 25 bucks and look good.

OutlawEX
12-15-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex
If you are going to race MX. I would suggest open ended hand guards. Closed ended ones whiel jumping can make for some pretty hurt wrists.

If racing Xc go with Closed end though.

THe Acerbis open ended ones are like 25 bucks and look good.

Do u got to buy the mounted kit with those..I am running the Renthal fat bars so do i need a kit...Also do u got pics of the ones for MX

DESDAK4
12-15-2002, 04:25 PM
I really like my EMGO hand guards.

Tommy 17
12-15-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX

Do u got to buy the mounted kit with those..I am running the Renthal fat bars so do i need a kit...Also do u got pics of the ones for MX

if u buy mine yes u need the kit... i think they were 69 or 75$ for the guards and another 30 for a fat bar mount kit... mine also cracked off the lower mount bolts when i cased a jump and my hand smacked off it sending me to the e.r.

i am gonna buy the open ones... there are 2 styles...

1.flag... they mount directly to ur clutch perch and brake rezzy... they have a adjustable mounter so if u run ur levers lower for when ur standing up in a agressive position u can rotate the guards up protecting ur hands... they don't need a fat bar mount but need to be bought with the cr125/250/450f mount kit... they are like 29$ and the kit is 10$

2. mx... they mount directly to ur clutch perch and brake rezzy... they don't have adjustable mounters so if u run ur perches lower they are goin to be pointed down takin away protection... i had these on my cr80 and they were awesome but i had to run my perches higher there for makin me change my riding style... they dont' need a mounting kit and cost around 25$

hope this helps u with them...

OutlawEX
12-16-2002, 10:14 AM
bump

QuadRacer041
12-16-2002, 11:33 AM
i was going through the same thing about a month ago, i decided to go with just the $25.00 mx one, they work good for me. like Tommy said if you ride mx DONT get close ended ones.maier also offers a mx style hand gaurd like the acerbis but they are a bit bigger, so if you want a little more pertection id recommed the maier ones, i like the acerbis because there smaller.