PDA

View Full Version : best pipe for honda rancher?

gb2fast
12-15-2002, 11:31 AM
What would the best pipe be for a honda rancher 4x4? FMF, PC, or any other that you guys know of. I want it to sound cool, but also give me some power gains. Tell me what you guys think..

Quadracer5
12-15-2002, 02:12 PM
They're all about the same, just go with a good pipe like FMF, Pro Circuit, Big Gun, etc. Make sure you re-jet to make the most power.

kyle

gb2fast
12-15-2002, 05:52 PM
thanks

ZMAN
12-15-2002, 06:00 PM
i would go with the big gun it will probably be your best choice;) ;)

jhr400EX
12-15-2002, 06:13 PM
I would probably go with the big gun utility series. I have heard good things about it for the rancher.

oynot400
12-16-2002, 12:59 PM
Don't get the Big Gun for a Rancher. A buddy of mine got one for his Rancher and all it did was make a nice sound. There were no performance gains from it at all. Then it fell apart going down the road. Another guy in the area got a T-4 and he has blowen out the side of it twice. Granted Pro Curcuit has replaced it, but he is fed up with it. I have a Super Trapp IDS on mine and it seems to be a good pipe. It is well consructed, has a good low rumble to it and has some performance to it.

2fastandfurious
12-16-2002, 02:10 PM
Hey, I got a rancher too. Mines a 2002 es 4x4. Can i ask why you want to make it loud? Just buy the right quad. I;ve got a really nice race type quad and then a work horse quad. It doesnt need a pipe. I got my truck stuck in a ditch once casue its got 2wd and i pulled the rancer out of the back and pulled my truck out with the winch as i had all four tires spining. My rancher doesnt need any more power. Its a cadillac on the trails and carrys the honeys very lightly. : )
-Its got enough pep. Dont screw with it. Mine cost 4200. It better not need anyhting but an oil change for the next 5 years!
-Ben