PDA

View Full Version : cutting out at 1/2 throttle

blackbart
11-30-2008, 07:47 PM
my bike has been running strong all of a sudden one day it runs like crap at mid to full throttle i have replaced coil ,stator,cleaned carb,checked compression,adjusted valves ,checked all elec grounds and connects,pulled valve cover off to see if timming jumped and with crank at tdc cam sprocket marks were off not paralel but when i moved chain on sprocket either way 1 tooth fwd or rev marks off even worse have a feeling cam chain may be stretched anyone experience this ,,quad is 2001 on original cam chain. thanks

drew416ex
11-30-2008, 08:53 PM
when mine did that the air boot going to the carb wasnt on all the way letting in too much air.

trailrider894
12-01-2008, 10:08 AM
sounds like the carb to me?? but you say you cleaned it?? maybe one of the junkie will jump on this one.

3or4HONDA
12-02-2008, 05:57 AM
if everything checks out i would check simple things like
your choke i would make sure that didnt get bumped up some, that would make it cut out and run like crap

that just happened to me this winter....i didnt push the handle down all the way and cruised down the road and about fell on my face.....idiot lol

blackbart
12-02-2008, 02:04 PM
doesnt have a choke i have a 39mm fcr carb w/no choke i have checked the simple stuff even plugged in stock rev box no help

kennyo1
12-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Something similar happened to my 05. I cleaned the carb with no results. I noticed that when I replaced the carb it was slightly tilted. I straightened it in the boot and it ran great. I assume that by the carb being tilted, it affected the fuel level in the bowl.

blackbart
12-02-2008, 08:47 PM
tried that as well even tries a new clamp on both intake boots thinking of an air leak and no help thanks