PDA

View Full Version : My wonderful visit to the quad dealer

SGA
12-15-2002, 09:59 AM
Went to the dealer in the next town, about 1 hour away, just to check out the latest models. I,ve been told by friends that this place has a bunch of jerks working there, they were right.
When i first walked in, the guys working there paid no attention to me as i walked around for about 5-10 minutes looking around. They were not busy, just talking and laughing.
The salesman finally came over, I asked about a quad I was interested in, a model thats been out awhile, available at many dealers at a good price.
Asked him the price, It was the full MSRP+tax+250 dealer prep. I asked how much they would deal, he pretty much said, we dont deal, if you want it, you pay full price. I said, I can get it at the other dealer for $500 less. He said, I guess you need to go to the other dealer then, and walked off. My friends were right, I'll never go back. They can stick it where the sun don't shine.

I'm heading over to the dealer where I got my 400ex, they know how to treat a customer. Sorry about the rant, just wanted to get it off my chest.

cheetah
12-15-2002, 10:07 AM
Our dealership is pretty much like that too. I hate those jerks, we drive 2 hours when we buy a quad, but it's well worth the money saved. Our dealership want's 6,000+tax+whatever their prep is for a 400ex!!! That is downright crazy and they won't budge an inch. Oh well, what kinda quad you looking for?

JustRace
12-15-2002, 10:35 AM
I found a dealership I didn't know about yesturday. Its about an hour and ten minutes from me. I was looking at the 4-wheelers sitting outdoors and then I was looking at the new colors of the raptor. A guy walks out just wearing old blue jeans and a snowmobile jacket, and asks me if I had any questions. I said no i'm just checking out the quads and I already have a 440ex. His exact next words were, "why the **** are you looking at the raptor then." So some times there are still some cool dealerships out there.

airheadedduner
12-15-2002, 10:51 AM
My local dealers are great. I know most of the guys that work their so they give me stuff at close to dealer cost.:D

BTW, my 1000th post:p

L.Vegas400
12-15-2002, 11:39 AM
when i started looking for mine i called a dealer 13 hrs away and he said he has an uncle here in vegas that might be able to get me the same deal if i told him who sent me. i did and he wanted 6 grand for the same quad i could get for 5100 out the door in ok. make a long story short i bought my 400 13 hrs from where i live. saved $900. look around you can find them really cheep right now. i saw in another post somone could get a 400 off the showroom floor for $4300.

ohh and the freindliest dealer i have found here is the yamma dealer.

Sportrax10
12-15-2002, 01:24 PM
I have 4 dealerships that area all about 45 minutes away from me. Theres one thats brand new it just opened about a week ago. Im gonna be there everyday when I finnally get a car or a truck. I wanna work there too because they are hiring.

motochris
12-15-2002, 01:41 PM
Well the dealers can also take off around $800 cause they charge what they call a "docking fee"... This amount is added to the price of your quad or bike that you buy... But the thing you didnt know is that Honda will pay the dealer back for the "docking Fee"... So they are making another $800 on your butt plus what ever else they can come up with to charge you... Its quite a racket when you think about it..............:)

400exrules
12-15-2002, 02:09 PM
when i went to our dealership i asked about a 400ex and they had them for brand new $5100

400exrules
12-15-2002, 02:09 PM
and theyre really really nice too, the guy game me some free brochures and stuff and he was like plz come back and stuff

killer ds650
12-15-2002, 02:14 PM
all the dealerships around my stink i hate them all they all know that they have you by the gonads and are gonna rip them off with there prices just because they know there is nowhere else to go to buy them ohh well now i just mail order everything its cheaper and i dont even have to go and deal with the dealers because they have the worst customer services ever.
killer

roostin_dale
12-15-2002, 03:02 PM
they guys at my dealer ship are really nice. They are always helping you out and no a lot about quads!

quadman
12-15-2002, 04:44 PM
my dealer is exactly like that, it sucks only having one dealer in town, ours charges sky high prices on everything, i got my tires put on my wheels for 53 dollars, it was only 2 tires
:huh :huh :huh

DEAL
12-15-2002, 05:01 PM
I've been goin to the same dealer for 10 years.
They treat me pretty good.

Texan32
12-16-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by sgaexer
Went to the dealer in the next town, about 1 hour away, just to check out the latest models. I,ve been told by friends that this place has a bunch of jerks working there, they were right.
When i first walked in, the guys working there paid no attention to me as i walked around for about 5-10 minutes looking around. They were not busy, just talking and laughing.
The salesman finally came over, I asked about a quad I was interested in, a model thats been out awhile, available at many dealers at a good price.
Asked him the price, It was the full MSRP+tax+250 dealer prep. I asked how much they would deal, he pretty much said, we dont deal, if you want it, you pay full price. I said, I can get it at the other dealer for $500 less. He said, I guess you need to go to the other dealer then, and walked off. My friends were right, I'll never go back. They can stick it where the sun don't shine.

I'm heading over to the dealer where I got my 400ex, they know how to treat a customer. Sorry about the rant, just wanted to get it off my chest.

That is how it is here. What you need to do, is once you get your new ride, take a trip back to that POS dealership and let them know how much money they DIN'T make:devil

JLanphear
12-16-2002, 10:04 AM
Yup, these stories are all too common. It's hard to believe some of these guys can stay in business, but there is always an idiot out there that will buy from them.

We've got some dealers around here who love to jack the price up on stuff. One of them had a 1999 Banshee and was asking $5200 for it. That is completely insane. However, there is no doubt in my mind that he will sell it to somebody and get near what he is asking for it. It's hard to belive, but it's true.

My girlfriend and I were in a local store last year looking to buy big screen TV's. We got there around 4:30 and the place closes at 5:00. We looked at all the TV's and were trying to decide which one we wanted. We're talking like $2000 so this isn't something you just flip a coin to decide. Anyway, it was about 4:45 and the salesman (only guy in the store) came over and said rudely "Can I help you?". We said that we were looking at the TV's and were trying to decide which one we wanted. We started asking him about the features and he cut in and said "What you see is what you get". Then shortly after he said "You know, they'll still be here tomorrow...I'd like to get home SOMETIME tonight". I couldn't believe it. We said alright and walked out. It was still 10 minutes before their closing time. Still, even if it was a little after 5:00 I would have been shocked at what he said.

Well, that's my story...Not too many ATV dealer stories.

-Josh

Evan
12-16-2002, 12:47 PM
When my cousin was shopping around for a crf, and he had a ktm250, he called our local dealer and asked if they would trade since they are a ktm/yamaha/honda dealer. He talked to the owner and he said sure bring it in, so he brings it in, and mind you this is a nice like new 01ktm250sx, not some pos. He starts talking to the people, and is like I wanna talk to the owner since thats who I talked to on the phone, the owner wouldnt talk to him so hes like o well, then he says so yall will trade right, they say well we will have to check, hes like but the owner said on the phone....... they come back a little later and say, Im sorry we cant take trades now, we have too many used bikes. Hes like ok screw it, they still wanted him to buy there crf, hes like nah. He was so pissed.... Anyways hes like lets go, so we go out and get in his lexus 400 and they look out the window and see him gettin in that car and they run up to him and tap on the glass, and are like, we can deal, hes like nah, and tells him hes going to another dealership. I thought it was kinda funny, he had cash and was willing to buy it and could have bought 10 of them and not blinked an eye, but they want to be pricks about it. And he found out the bike wasnt even a USA bike, it was a canadian model, which means no one is going to work on it in the USA, dont ask me the difference but there is some difference between them, and they get the canada models really cheap so they were making money.