PDA

View Full Version : Rims?

BamBam730
11-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Yesterday I went to Rausch Creek Mx/atv park in PA with my 2007 Can-am DS650X. Park was great, unfortunatley it is closing for good today. I did a lot of trail riding and some riding on the intermediate track. After a day of riding which is only the second time I had this quad out since I bought the machine as a leftover in September. I noticed that the inner edge of both rear rims were bent a little out of round. I did not ride hard, nor did I wipe out at all. A matter of fact I was taking it easy due to the fact that I am still breaking the quad in. It is obvious that the rims that came with this quad are not the greatest even know they are the baja style, which is reinforced. My friend has a 2003 ds650 and has had the same problems. So tommorow I am going to call Can-am and see what they say? If I do purchase new rims does anyone have any reccomendations? Keep it in mind I ride mostly trails and there are alot of rocks where I ride, so I am looking for very strong rims. Thanks for any help

crixal
11-30-2008, 11:08 AM
douglas or itp. i'm gonna get black itp c-series for mine. they look real nice.

Blizzard24
12-01-2008, 07:32 AM
I flattened a reinforced wheel on my DS450X and had the dealer try to see if something could be done from Can-AM as it was the first time out on the quad... Can Am wouldnt replace the wheel.

Douglas wheels w the hollow rolled lip or hipers are the way to go. All my other quads have had hipers on them, this time I went with DWT Ultimate Conventional Beadlocks.