PDA

View Full Version : starting issues

Balaz_73*00
11-30-2008, 10:24 AM
My quad was starting fine and just the other day i go to start it and all its doing is clicking. it seems that the clicking is coming from underneath the left rear fender, i think its from the silinoid?? I stil went out riding and had a buddy pull start me. The weird this is that it would occasionally fire up but for the most part it was just clicking and had to get pull started. I wana say its something electrical but im not really sure where so start diagnosing my problem. I had the battery checked already and it tested fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hecker1
11-30-2008, 09:33 PM
carefully go over all the wire connections and check to see if there is any corosion to any connection. and re apply diaelectric grease to all those. and also check the all electrical grounds. make sure those are tight.

keglassg
12-01-2008, 08:59 AM
make sure your battery terminals are tight too, thats a constant problem on mine.

Balaz_73*00
12-01-2008, 10:16 AM
awesome guys thanks for the pointers. anyone else??? also, do anyone know what causings that clicking or where its coming from..like i said, i thought it was the silinoid?

keglassg
12-01-2008, 10:28 AM
if its from under the left rear fender it is the solenoid, so its def an electrical problem somewhere, its possible that its the solenoid it self that is bad, but thats not real common on the warriors, could be though.

hecker1
12-01-2008, 10:34 AM
please let us know what happens. because i bought a basket case warrior about 3 years ago. and i had so many problems with electrical system. i almost junked the damn thing. but i bought a good shop book , and took my time with a volt meter and sandpaper and went over the whole damn thing :D

Balaz_73*00
12-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Il def let you guys know what it was when i figure it out. This all happened when i was home from school over thanksgiving break so it may be a few weeks before im home and able to work on it but i will def let you guys know what it was. Thanks again for the tips

hecker1
12-01-2008, 07:07 PM
you didn't clean it ! before you parked the SOB. mud and water can be the worst nightmare!

Balaz_73*00
12-01-2008, 11:10 PM
lol naw naw man i cleaned it!

trailrider894
12-04-2008, 07:28 PM
bang on the solonoid will you try to start it.

Balaz_73*00
06-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Ol warrior sat for damn near 6 months..but I did get her going. Turned out there was a bare wire coming off the coil and and was grounding out not allowing it to start. Wrapped that up, cleaned the carb and now shes good to go. Just an update from a thread started last year lol