PDA

View Full Version : banshee wont start

04redyfz450
11-30-2008, 10:02 AM
So I did a countershaft sprocket change and clutch lever change on my banshee. Go out to start it up and after kicking it forever it didn't want to start. So if figured it might be a fouled plug. I changed both of them out to no avail. It was cold out so I pulled the choke on both carbs and no fire. turned choke off and kicked it over no start. I am thinking it is flooded now to where it wont kick over seems hydrolocked. This is a just broken in motor which has started fine, fuel is fresh, 35mm lectrons. I am new to the banshee so this might seem like a easy question. How do I get this thing running again?

11-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Are you getting spark?

And any other mods? If your just piped then 35mm carbs are WAY too big.

You should be running max 28mm.

04redyfz450
11-30-2008, 03:07 PM
it is not stock or just piped. 4mil with 5mil rods, ported and polished, 18cc domes, bored .060 over K&N pods. It started fine until today. I put new spark plugs in and still no start. At this point I can't get the kick starter to crank all the way through...thinking it is hydrolocked......any suggestions?

ohiobanshee
12-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Pull the plugs out and kick it till your leg feels like it is about to fall off then kick it some more. Make sure nouthing came unpluged when you were working on the bike before. Check for spark.