PDA

View Full Version : south pedlar in va

dirtclog
11-12-2001, 05:44 PM
Rode south pedlar today (monday...had day off for veterans day...which i am)...wanted to give my take on it.

The whole trail system there is clearly marked,clean,and today was dusty, need rain bad.

the people that went all ride sport quads but my wife (bayou).

the trails are fast and lots of great jumps...we rode for about 4 hours and hit each loop both directions...nice views also

this is a great place to take novice's and children...

today wasn't to busy so not a lot of traffic...but i can see where on a weekend with lots of people you couldn't really open up for the jumps...not a lot of technical stuff for the 4x4 quads either...all around not a bad place, i always have fun riding anywhere but sometimes like a little more challenge...This place is about the same as uhwarrie in NC, not as good as Brown Mtn in NC, Not as good as hatfield and mccoy (duh), better (for a sport quad) than riding Tasker's gap in VA (rockfest..hit 4x4's)

I like stafford, VA better also

My normal riding spot near Richmond has been closed because some idiot started a fire and burned some of it so if anyone has any good spots around Louisa county, Lake Anna, Fredricksburg let me know...

2000 300ex
dg skids
ac bumper
Razr's
FMF pipe/silencer
outback six pack rack
ceet seat cover
renthals
k+n

(set of 20x11x9 turf tamers's almost brand new on douglas .190 rims that i'm trying to trade for set of stock front honda rims and tires)

4punksdad
11-17-2001, 08:37 AM
where exactly is this place?????

try a riding spot behind the Geico insurance building on route 17 in fredericksburg. its about 2 miles north of the intersection of I-95 & route 17 on the left.

dirtclog
11-18-2001, 06:47 AM
the way i go to get to south pedlar (it's near lynchburg) is
64 west to 29 south to 130 west...right after cross under blue ridge parkway bridge is a right turn..follow gravel road to parking area...right at the turn there is a sign that says "south pedlar ohv"........

thanks for the hook-up on that spot..i'll check it out.

4punksdad
12-13-2001, 07:57 PM
*************UPDATE**************
be careful riding behind GEICO in fredericksburg. my buddy just got a trespassing ticket.

when trail riding always remember what your mom taught you.
#1 look both ways before crossing the road
#2 don't stop to talk to strangers
:D