PDA

View Full Version : how hard is it, choke assem

288sunny
11-29-2008, 06:40 PM
As im getting ready to change out handlebars, everything seems like a no brainer except the choke assem. Could someone possible explain the easiest way to get it off and back on, not sure if it will just slide off and then back on or is it a pain???

What id really like to do is get rid of the choke assem, on the handlebars and have it like the DVX and just push/pull right from the carb, i think ive seen a mod for this, just not sure how hard it is, and its a 06 so i think somethings in the way.

Also is it a pain to get rid of the parking brake assem, its garage, doesnt really hold nothing on my bike and id rather just have a clutch, any ideas?

airmobile101
11-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Ebay has the choke assy for like $15.00 . Its easy to install and it cleans up your handle bars greatly.

gsxrkneedragger
12-01-2008, 04:50 PM
i just happened to find these the other day and was thinking about picking up one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&item=350124206653&viewitem=

if you go to their website its actaully a few bucks cheaper and you can get different ones...that lock on or off or have a needle. something like that. hope this helps.

jonboy
12-01-2008, 06:14 PM
You can get the carb mounted choke pull straight from Mikuni for about $10 it is well worth it IMO. no more sticking choke cables.

288sunny
12-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Could someone please post how hard it is to remove the choke from the handlebarsIt kinda appears that that choke assem. is part of the blob switch with the on/off and start button. Kinda curious how all that comes apart??

My game plan ti remove all that and wire in a switch just to start the bike, im going to use a dirt bike kill switch, but in this case it will start it.. anyone else have this setup?

airmobile101
12-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Simple, just remove the the rubber boot and then un screw the blob. The rubber boot will stretch far enough to get past the choke lever. Does that make sense?

nickb2787
12-02-2008, 08:00 PM
My game plan ti remove all that and wire in a switch just to start the bike, im going to use a dirt bike kill switch, but in this case it will start it.. anyone else have this setup? [/B][/QUOTE]

this is what i did do do the same thing you want to do. if you can find a junk Mikuni carb you can use the choke off of it. my buddy had one laying around so i just took his. it works fine.