PDA

View Full Version : Frogburners Quad and HOT-RODS Quad as of Yesterday..

frogburner
12-15-2002, 07:36 AM
There's HOT-ROD ,, his Quad is on the right,, and mine is on the left.. I ran mine a little yesterday and it didnt run quite right even after the cam was dropped in.. We cant really tell what the problem was, so we tore mine all apart... It just doesnt have any kind of power after the cam,, it may be the Carb.. I dont know and dont really care at the moment.. It feels like the whole motor is just being restricted by something,, ... Very soon I will have it re-bored , wiseco piston, Possibly Quicksilver Carb, and Duncan FATBOY 4 Exhaust,, I will keep the hotcam in ,, but if it doesnt run right again,, I will pick up a new OEM 400EX Cam for it.. Does anyone have any suggestions for our Quads before we start rebuilding?? How much does port and Polish help out??? What about boring out valves and putting Black diamonds in it????

RaptorMan
12-15-2002, 09:20 AM
HEY!! you need some help??START OVER!!there is no replacement for displacement!!for one you dont port&polish a four stroke,you port. polish is for 2 stroke!! SO ARE you going to have a raptor killer when you get done?? :macho

HOT-ROD
12-15-2002, 09:23 AM
bite me

12-15-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by RaptorMan
HEY!! you need some help??START OVER!!there is no replacement for displacement!!for one you dont port&polish a four stroke,you port. polish is for 2 stroke!! SO ARE you going to have a raptor killer when you get done?? :macho please explain why you don't polish a 4stroke?..not that i don't know why you do but i would like to see you explain your false comment.

RaptorMan
12-15-2002, 09:35 AM
HEY!! looks like you to need a few foxy ladies in that shop to help you out a little bit?? JUST A SUGGESTION!!! :D

RaptorMan
12-15-2002, 09:53 AM
YEAH you are right you can port&POLISH A FOUR STROKE! MY BAD. THEY ARE BASICLY THE SAME.

frogburner
12-15-2002, 11:13 AM
You just go back to riding your dinky Yahmaha,, Because you know HOT-ROD and I can ROOST on you ,,,,, and you know that for a FACT....:) No ,,, dont hang your head just yet,,, just wait till ours are Pieced back together..... Next time we all go riding,, you will Be ROOSTED,,, your a Raptor Rider,, what are you doing on this page anyway..:huh

whipit
12-15-2002, 12:38 PM
what are the chances that you have got the timing chain one tooth off??

frogburner
12-15-2002, 01:18 PM
We were also kinda wondering that also.. But either way,, she's getting a high-comp. piston and new exhaust..

HOT-ROD
12-15-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by whipit
what are the chances that you have got the timing chain one tooth off?? does the dot on the cam line up with the gap on the broach ? how do you know if its right ?

BadA$$440
12-15-2002, 03:31 PM
When your ready to put the came in, rotate the Crank to top dead center. Then take the cam sproket and put it on the chain andmake sure the lnes are parrallel with the head surface and there is another line on top. Then install the cam with lobes facing down. If you did all that then your timing should be fine.

kicken250x
12-15-2002, 05:19 PM
I have a great suggestion for you befor during or after when ever you want to do it....GET SOME PLASKET!!! lol Na Im just messin sounds like your gonna have a nice bike when its all said and done! What are you going to bore it to 440? later man...

frogburner
12-15-2002, 05:35 PM
Well right now,, I am leaning towards,, :: Duncan racing Fatboy 4 exhaust, 10.5:1 High compression piston(86MM), HOTCAM Stage 1, Edlebrock 38MM Quicksilver Carb., and that should finish it off,, wether or not it will run worth a crap I dont know,, but I hope so

d-14 rider 27
12-18-2002, 09:37 PM
why wouldnt you polish a thumper? reason for polishing is to keep carbon from sticking and building up in the exhaust ports restricting flow. friggin yamaha ppl

frogburner
12-19-2002, 06:54 AM
d-14 rider 27 laughs at the Yamaha people too:D .. Thats great man,, We think people who ride Yamahas are not quite there,,, Be sure to PM Raptorman and tell him what you think.. HOT-ROD and I ride with him,, but he rides a Yamaha,, so WE try to roost him as much as possible...

0240099r1
12-19-2002, 07:47 AM
hey frog you can port and polish your head you just don't want to polish the intake side port it leaving it a little rough you don't really want to change the chambers just smooth out the castings and blend the bowls, on the exhaust the smoother the better so carbon don't build up and the gases flow freely out of you cylinder, i should be done with my head today if i can get some pics i will later..........

frogburner
12-19-2002, 07:55 AM
Well,, I dont think I am going to this time,, I need to get it all dialed in after all these new Mods I am doing ,,, But if my valves start getting worn pretty bad ,, then next time I will put the Black diamond valves in, Port, and prolly new rockers,, but for now, I think I am doing enough... Should be pretty powerful after done,, I hope.. I get my piston and Carb today,, so I will get the cylinder bored out today also:)