PDA

View Full Version : Engine cases

riding4fun
11-29-2008, 05:49 AM
This might have been asked before but I couldn't find it. Are there certain engine cases that are better (workmanship) than others and are there some that I should stay away from.

I thought I read on here that some are made batter than others.

Do they make 2 different types of cases long and short? if so what type does our quads use..

Thanks,
Darrell

drt18
11-29-2008, 10:08 AM
I WAS TOLD THE DRR CASES HAVE MORE MEAT IN THEM FOR PORTING.IS IT TRUE SOMEBODY ON HERE WILL TELL U.

jread14
11-30-2008, 01:02 PM
I have been told that the metal used for the DRR cases are much harder than the Apex cases when trying to port them. The builders words exactly were, the Apex cases were like cutting through butter in comparison to the DRR cases he had done.

hotquads1
11-30-2008, 05:02 PM
In the past it was agreed by most the DRR cases were superior to the Apex , allthough i have heard the Apex cases have been improved , so they may be comparable now. I have found that a fresh set of cases can make for an easier rebuild when you are planning for a total overhaul. If you want to build a high RPM set-up, then whichever you decide on get a matched set , they tend to have a "more" true bore and crank alignment than a mixed set of halves. IMO
marc