PDA

View Full Version : starts fine, idleing issues?

450raider
11-28-2008, 08:59 PM
the last couple of times ive gotten the kfx out, i start it as i always have (turn key, wait for pump to go off, wait like 10 more seconds, then hit button) now its starts just fine but sometimes will just die down, then i lay on the starter to try and persuade it and sometimes thatll do it, but when its not then i let it sit for a minute or two and itll either fire up and stay running or fire up and die, then i start over again,....... so what does this sound like to some of you?, spark plug maybe (before i break in it and thats not it) or could it be a fuse somewhere? or what? im open to any thoughts

thanks

hondaracer_34
11-29-2008, 07:39 AM
There is a rollover sensor in the front of the quad underneath the hood that could have came loose. The same thing happened to me. I Tighened it back up and made sure it was nice and secure and haven't had a problem since. Its like a tanish color if im not mistaken. Hope this helps.

450raider
11-29-2008, 12:38 PM
alright thanks, that crossed my mind too put i never tipped it or anything so ill look into it,.... if i set it on the grab bar while washing it is that enough to trip and/or loosen the sensor? or would it be more of a vibration over time thing?.....

hondaracer_34
11-29-2008, 01:05 PM
I have never flipped mine either. It could be from vibration. Hope your quad idles now

k4f5x0r
11-29-2008, 02:03 PM
ha well i did flip mine 3 times down a hill at the mx track and that damn sensor didnt do chit. it turned off when i ran up to it when it was upside down and rolled it over. :o

hondaracer_34
11-30-2008, 05:31 PM
i ride just on the track and i think from the whoops section is what made mine come lose. lol did you get it running yet?

450raider
12-02-2008, 11:57 AM
yeah i got it running it still does it from time to time, im trying to find the sensor to check it out but i have no idea which one it is, everytime i do a search i can only find people disabling them with pics of it already taken off lol, but as for today anyway it starts and runs fine and im gonna try to get to the bottom of it while its kinda warm......

bustedknuckle
12-02-2008, 03:13 PM
We Have Had the sensors come loose from where there mounted use several tyes to keep it on..