PDA

View Full Version : powermadd handguards on '07 450ER

speedracer350X
11-28-2008, 06:31 PM
tried to put a set of the star model on my 450r this afternoon, to no avail. I understand that you have to loosen up the throttle ssem./brake perch and slide things apart a little, no problem on the throttle side. On the clutch side, it seems it won't work because the stock clutch/parking brake assem. is just to wide. i slid the clutch perch closer to the inside of the bars, but the actual clutch lever is molded to work around the light switch/starter/kill switch assem. When I slid it closer to the inside of the bars, the clutch lever wouldn't fully engage because it's travel was shortened when hitting the swtich assembly. I understand that alot of riders replace the assembly with just a clutch perch, but I'm not gonna go through all that trouble just to mount some hanguards. Any advice appreciated, or am I out of luck ? Be advised, I tried every which way the directions stated, just couldn't get the clutch side to work right. Seems they need a longer arm with their kit or something for clearance issues. Thanks!!

11-29-2008, 09:23 AM
i had no trouble before i switched to and aftermarket clutch

speedracer350X
11-29-2008, 02:02 PM
OK then what was the trick?. Or was it awhile ago, 'cause I see you switched back to a 400EX. Any help appreciated.

11-29-2008, 06:04 PM
i don't remember

Purcell450r
12-01-2008, 02:37 PM
I had powermadds on mine for like 2 months, sold them on ebay and got some Acerbis Uniko Atv handguards. I could never get the powermadds to look right on my bike.

mooseracerX
12-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Are they the wrap or just the plain Powermadd? Could you post up a pic? Depending on which way you have it you should be able to go under or over. I have this kit here and they went on in a breeze.
http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=258