PDA

View Full Version : compression help

yamahaman623
11-28-2008, 12:18 PM
if i were to bump up my compression 1 or 2 pionts would it be a noticable difference. or should i go all out and put a 14:1 in it.

Ride1Rob
11-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Man! You should have made all these threads you have (I counted 8 ) asking about individual things for your bike in one thread :confused: . The most important things like portwork and cams to really help your bike perform better you didn't do. Now your asking about a 14.5 compression piston. If you put that piston in your bike it may last 4 months depending on how much you ride and what type of piston you get. Going up 2 pts on your piston is not going to make your bike a beast in drag racing. Once again; portwork, cams, and a nice exhaust system are essential factors for performance. Even with those mods in terms of drag racing that setup is still pretty tame. To be one of the top dogs you'd still need a top of the line cdi, intake system and filter, aftermarket clutch setup, bigbore kit and I'm sure there are some other important things I'm missing. If you don't have the money to spend you're teasing yourself. If it's more for fun with your friends, ride the bike the way it is until you get money together to do it right. Hope this helps. Next you'll probably start another thread about suspension lol.

Ride1Rob
11-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Make that 12 threads lol. You have 4 other threads in page 2 :rolleyes: .

yamahaman623
11-30-2008, 06:49 PM
thanks and sorry about so many threads i just keep thinking of different things that i could do. but you have really helped me on alot of those threads.