PDA

View Full Version : bad vibration

kit bazile
11-27-2008, 09:04 AM
ok lastnight i redune my 250r 330 motor i cranked it up and its got a bad vibration. the counter balancer is good the timming is on i checked it twice it is good. i pulled off the fly wheel and my woodruff key i got knicks in it but when you tighten the flywheel down to torque it dont have and play. i put new barrings and seals a new wisco crank shaft that i broght from esr new piston rings new spacer plat and all everything is new in the motor i dont under stand it at all ad it will anly do it at a little over half throttle to wide open i havent really rode it yet so i dont know what its going to do. but now after i said all that my question is will the motor come a part are do big bore motors have that vibration?

C-LEIGH RACING
11-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Man! I'm sure glad you chucked that W I S E C O crank up in the lathe & check it for trueness before you installed it in those cases.

I am so hoping,,,,, thats NOT the new ESR cylinder sitting on top that crank.
I tryed one of those cranks in my daughters engine during a rebuild back late mid summer just to check one out, 4 weekend race events & the tin cracked & caused the new Wossnor piston to seize, crapped that real engine good. Just got it back together for her & got ol 350 MoJo sitting on top.
I had clean forgot how strong that jug was,,,,, poor ol 450 4 pokers next season.
Neil

Dave83
11-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Are these Wiseco or Hot Rods cranks?

C-LEIGH RACING
11-27-2008, 03:34 PM
They are made for Wiseco, not from the Hot Rods company.
Outsides of the rod has a texture to it, like as if it has been bead blasted & then painted black. Rods not smooth outside like the Hot Rods one.
The webs on the Wiseco crank, just like all the others including the OEM, same machining.
China made just like the Hot Rods.
Inspection of each crank is the key to a good crank.
Measuring & close inspection from which ever companys selling it before it is sold to a customer is what it will take to get a good one, not selecting just one out of a shippment batch, inspecting just that one & forgetting the rest.
Neil

GOTFEAR
11-27-2008, 10:47 PM
make sure your counterbalance baring has little play and your cases

kit bazile
11-28-2008, 09:42 AM
im like neal said the rodon them cranks are painted black ad lok like they been used and painted like they say a little paint will make it what it aint but to answr your question neal yes that brand new 330 from esr is on top of it thatswhat imscared of blowing that thin:ermm:

kit bazile
11-30-2008, 10:17 PM
i got it fixed and runs like a top i put the piston all the way to the top dead center and found that the counter balancer was of at 180 deg and the wisco cranks dont have a mark on the oem cranks do are the newer hot rods i took the dot on the gear and lined it up in the 1230 - 100 position onthe cylender and now it aint nonthing nice the 330 is rolling thank god

86 Quad R
12-01-2008, 08:06 AM
glad ya got it going again. why they dont stamp timing marks is assinine. :rolleyes: i had the same issue with an old hotrods here while back.

had a chance to dial it in yet? :cool:

C-LEIGH RACING
12-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
glad ya got it going again. why they dont stamp timing marks is assinine. :rolleyes: i had the same issue with an old hotrods here while back.

had a chance to dial it in yet? :cool:

Now you dont think those Chinese going to get everything perfect, just for a bowl of rice do you.

Randy, you think Kits bike will hang with yours :D
Neil

86 Quad R
12-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Now you dont think those Chinese going to get everything perfect, just for a bowl of rice do you.

Randy, you think Kits bike will hang with yours :D
Neil

naw!! i guess we shouldnt expect too much more then 'at huh lmao

i dunno neil. i havent had the chance to ride it yet. my butt dyno will know for sure. :blah:

kit bazile
12-01-2008, 04:15 PM
yall just aint right lol

C-LEIGH RACING
12-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by kit bazile
yall just aint right lol

ATS RITE,
but,
only time will tell if that bikes up to par, right Randy.
Neil

86 Quad R
12-02-2008, 08:16 AM
'ats right.......... time will tell. should be a stout engine for sure.

speaking of time. time to get 'at thang dialed in en all so we can plan a race/ride. :devil: