PDA

View Full Version : ltr electrical

python952
11-26-2008, 09:01 PM
bike ran perfect, completely stock. i switched everything over to a new frame as the old one was bent. i thought i redid everything correctly but now when i turn the key on the gas light comes on(i drained the tank) and so does the neutral light. the fi light does not come on and it doesnt make the usual priming noise when the key is first turned on. The bike will not try to start either. The only thing that i changed from strip-down to reinstall to the new frame is an ASV clutch lever, because of this i unplugged the switch that went to the stock clutch setup that makes u pull in the clutch to start the bike. PLEASE HELP! i cannot find a missing connection but if i were missing one, does anyone know what area or wire would be causing the problems?

ALSO does low oil prevent the start button from working, like an oil sensor or something? thanks

blholtz
11-26-2008, 09:36 PM
if your tip over switch is installed upside down it will not allow the fuel pump to operate. I am assuming that the motor is turning over. If it is this would be the first thing I would check along with double checking all electrical connections.

I still bet on tip over switch though.

python952
11-26-2008, 10:08 PM
The bike is not cranking. Its as if the starter button isnt even connected, when in reality it is

QUADSQUAD7
11-27-2008, 08:28 AM
When you went with the ASV clutch lever and unplugged the clutch safety start switch, did you make sure that you connected those two wires. I think once you connect these two wires your problem will be solved.

python952
11-27-2008, 09:18 AM
no i didnt, ill make sure i try that later today and see if that solves the problem. What about the fuel pump? will this keep it from priming? thanks

jherbie28
11-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by blholtz
if your tip over switch is installed upside down it will not allow the fuel pump to operate. I am assuming that the motor is turning over. If it is this would be the first thing I would check along with double checking all electrical connections.

I still bet on tip over switch though.

it wont be the tip over switch, the fi light will blink a code of its own for that problem. i found this out the hard way:p but you are right about the fuel pump

miles Machine
11-29-2008, 02:17 PM
you need to splice your clutch wires together for it to turn over, however that being separated should not affect the instrument lights or the fuel pump, check the connection going from your key switch to your stop switch, if you have a teather especially a gunner its common to hook it in series with the key and the stop switch.