PDA

View Full Version : whats a stronger bumper Dg national or DC racer?

wayfastwhitey69
11-26-2008, 07:11 PM
debating on getting a dg nation or the blingstar dc racer bumper but for some reason i always end up bending them in the first week or 2 i have them so i want to know which ones gunna put up to the most abuse?

WilRideAnything
11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
I know you didn't mention PRM, but the PRM deset bumper is very strong. I hit a tree about 2 foot in diameter in 3rd gear and didn't even tweak it at all.

You need to look at the mounting points for the strength. The PRMs aren't just mounted on legs, they are like fully boxed in

deathman53
11-27-2008, 05:55 PM
I don't know about you, but I would rather bend the bumper than the frame. A strong bumper will reflex alot of the force to the frame and after a few good hits the frame will start to bend. A strong bumper can also tend to break the bolts holding it in. My friend had an rpm grab bar, it twisted his subframe bad, didn't do anything to the grab bar. I had 3 accidents with dg grab bars and it tweaked the subframe very little, but the grab bar was badly damaged. I had an accident on my quad, broke the bolts and broke the bumper good, didn't bend the frame. This is why I like weak grab bars and bumpers.

DEAL
11-28-2008, 05:58 AM
factory 43