PDA

View Full Version : computer guys help me out

mittman
11-26-2008, 03:48 PM
i have a dell dimension E310 with windows xp. i had the anti virus program that came with it. it was pc cillin. i thought it was pretty good until i got a virus. i went out and bought mcafee total protection 2009. it was doing its job until i got spyware on my computer. i thought the whole point of spending 50.00 for mcafee was suppose to prevent this. now i cant open task manger its says task manger has been disabled by the administrator. also i cant view any of my pics on my computer or even set them as my desktop background . i ran a scan and nothing

normally when i pull up my pics i can see them. this is all i can see. my other folders show the pics but when you open it up it doesnt show the pics
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll267/dodgediesellover/stupidvirus.jpg

im not all that good with computers.as long as i can get my task manger working ill be happy. any help is greatly appreciated.

450rRacer22
11-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Go to www.majorgeeks.com. You can either register to the site quick and start a thread, or just go straight to the forums and click on malware removal. It will take you step by step on how to get rid of any virus. I had a virus on my computer about a year ago and just followed all the steps on the site and i got rid of it. It takes some time, and they have you download a few programs like Ccleaner, and maybe others i cant remember but it all works good. Keep Ccleaner on your computer because its nice to run every 2 weeks or so to keep your system clean. Hope this helps and good luck.

elmer91
11-26-2008, 05:04 PM
do you know the name of the virus? i had something similar on my old dell. it would pop up saying something about "cool web search" or something along those lines. it was a bad virus, and it slowly took over my dell, and just went out and bought a new computer.

mittman
11-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by elmer91
do you know the name of the virus?

the only thing i can find on it is a trojan called generic.dx. it is the only one that hasnt been fixed and removed from my computer but it was quarantined.

elmer91
11-26-2008, 08:27 PM
according to mcafee it is a low risk trojan.
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_141693.htm

ZeroLogic
11-26-2008, 08:33 PM
www.avast.com

mittman
11-26-2008, 09:34 PM
ok was looking at mcafee stuff. i found a program that was running called generic host process for win32 services. when i click on it it drops down and shows listening then if you click on that it says this program has established a listenng connection to a computer at the following IP adress and port. there are 5 of these. can some one explain to me what it is?