PDA

View Full Version : rear axle seal

redrabbit
11-26-2008, 03:19 PM
i wore out the seal on the rear axle today. its between the chain sprocket and the swingarm. can anyone tell me what this is called and how much it will cost to fix. i will probably replace all the bearings too. can anyone give me tips for doing all of this and possibly the cost. thanks

Colby@C&DRacing
11-26-2008, 03:46 PM
aftermarket bearings and seals should run you $30 2 bearings 2 seals.

redrabbit
11-26-2008, 10:53 PM
how hard are they to swap out?

Brauap
11-27-2008, 07:24 AM
The hard part is getting them out, but everything else is a peice of cake.

redrabbit
11-27-2008, 04:48 PM
is there any one who can give me some tips on how to get the sprocket hub off? also do i need to completely take everything off the axle or can i take the stuff off one side and slide it out?

Brauap
11-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by redrabbit
is there any one who can give me some tips on how to get the sprocket hub off? also do i need to completely take everything off the axle or can i take the stuff off one side and slide it out?

I can't seem to get that off either, but on the other side, just take the lock puts off, and the clip, and it slides right out!

leasureryan
11-27-2008, 10:43 PM
you don't have to remove that cheif!!!

All you must remove is the right hub. Then loosen the axle nut, remove the c-clip, slide the nut, and the brake disc & hub off, then pull the whole axle with everything else attached to it out the left side.

and the reason you can't get your sprocket hub off is because it's pressed on. Not supposed to come off without the help of a machine

redrabbit
11-28-2008, 03:12 PM
thanks man. you saved me alot of trouble. that dang nut is hard as crap to get off. gotta have a heck of a wrench for that thing. lol