PDA

View Full Version : Applying Large Die-cut Decals?

stocktires
11-26-2008, 10:15 AM
I know a lot of you guys apply decals to things like race trailer's etc., which Is why I am asking here.
I have a large die-cut decal of our company logo to put on our front door. I know there is a way with dish soap and water with a squeegee of some sort to apply the decal. Can someone explain this method to me? I do not want to screw up another one of our expensive and rare decals. Thanks!

smr
11-26-2008, 10:23 AM
just mix a little dish soap in the water and put it in a spray bottle (glass cleaner will also work).. Spray the door down and apply th decal. Use the squege to push the water out. Let it dry and everything should be great.

stocktires
11-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Any idea how much soap?
A generic cap full vs. a quart sound close or more?

wvspeedfreak
11-26-2008, 12:55 PM
You don't need very much soap at all.Actually baby shampoo works best and anly 4 or 5 drops in a spray bottle half full of water will do it.

416exfreak
11-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Get a bottle of windex, spray the back of your decal (the sticky part) then apply it to the surface its going to be on permanently.

Use an old credit card, school ID, etc to push all of the glass cleaner out from under the decal.

This just came from QUAD magazine, though its not word for word.:)

motohanks
11-26-2008, 03:38 PM
you also may want to tape it in place with masking tape before you start squeegeeing out the water, just so it doesn't move on you.