PDA

View Full Version : anyone from albany or clifton park

rookiex
12-14-2002, 08:30 PM
I just wanted to know if anyone is from albany or clifton park....I wanna know if you have ever ridden flashers

12-14-2002, 08:32 PM
where is flashers? im like 45 minutes or so from albany ...not far at all, u ever race ne d 3?

trickster2338
12-14-2002, 08:34 PM
yeah i'm about 45 mins from albany too. i've never heard of flashers. ever been to ebmx?

rookiex
12-14-2002, 08:54 PM
No I moved to ohio....yeah I have heard of ebmx my friends up there rode it .....I didnt even know how to hit a double till I came here...then I went to kenworthys and learned fast with ben jackson....I race a loretta lynns and district 11 now....I went to red bud and rode in the B class....flashers are some huge sand pits and dunes it is sweet.....I am the only quad rider to do the hill climb there its like stright up and 200 ft high....but a big run way...if you know where mechanicville is or half moon....you should be able to find it....

4punksdad
12-15-2002, 04:46 AM
if you know that area then you should know where ben beckers camp nassau is in guilderland. I lived near there for about 4years.

trickster2338
12-15-2002, 08:39 AM
4punks-yeah i know where guilderland is. i have some family that lives there. its not too too far away even tho i never usually go there alot. where did you usually go riding around there?

rookiex-i have a friend in mechanicville, i'll ask him about it. it sounds pretty cool. we have some sandpits around here like right behind my house. i'll have to check flashers out.:D

rookiex
12-15-2002, 08:50 AM
yeah I want to go back to NY but till I am 18 I can't:(

Giz400ex
12-15-2002, 09:57 AM
Well, I live about 10mins from Guilderland and about 30mins from Mechanicville or Clifton Park (right next to each other) and never heard of anything in those places!! Hook me up people!!! Friends of mine are getting sick of the same old places. We do try to find different places to ride but there always seems to a catch, example: you gotta know the owners of the property or cops are always there or ect..... there's always a catch!!

rookiex
12-15-2002, 10:45 AM
Have you been to saratoga around the old air port it is off the hook there are like busted up c 14's and old planes from like WW2 its sick....there is a 95 foot triple there....Its massive....I couldnt do it when I lived there but I am sure I can now....flashers is in mechanicville if you can get to the train tracks there you will find 5 pits each a mile or more big, big jumps ,big hill climbs,lots of competition.....There are places up near vishers ferry on exit 8 in cliftonpark....there you will find the dredge the place I learned how to hit jumps and ride the dunes....its right along the mohawk river near the twin bridges going to colonie....if you go there you will meet the garage boys theres about 40 of them...they where my brothers before I left ny...they will hook you up with anything....its a party and riding every night....We ride down the road and the cops wont do anything cuz they know most of us well enough that they know where just having fun and not causein trouble......If you go to flashers ppl try and make you race with them and stuff....they think there the ****....but you hook up with the garage boys you'll have fun/...

trickster2338
12-15-2002, 11:32 AM
all of this riding is a little ways away and i doubt i'll be able to ride most of it, at least in the near future except flashers. i'll hook up w/ my friend from mechanicville and check out flashers it sounds pretty cool. rookiex, if ya wanna chat more just IM me. my AIM name is in my sig.

Giz400ex
12-15-2002, 02:50 PM
Is it also called something else???? Is it named after somekind of park???

Chanman420q
12-15-2002, 02:53 PM
I live in Clifton Park, and ive been looking for a place thats fun to ride. Ive been kicked outa all the local areas and havent really done anything "challenging" i really want ot go to this place. Someone Check up wtith me at ChanMan420q and set an time and date to ride. Thanx

rookiex
12-15-2002, 05:01 PM
Hey are you from clifton park thats my home town man!!!! I live in ohio now....do you go to shen?? and do you have a 400ex....when I lived there I was the best rider in that school....although there are not too many riders

MxStar826
12-15-2002, 06:27 PM
I'm Less than 5 mins from Albany.....I never heard of flashers,I always rode Eagle Bridge.

12-15-2002, 06:44 PM
mxstar was that your 400 in the want ad digest? it looked familiar

trickster2338
12-16-2002, 05:40 PM
yeah it was his 400...and now his blaster is in it too, well it was anyways dunno if it is still. ;) lol.