PDA

View Full Version : 12" Wheels?

Brauap
11-25-2008, 02:25 PM
I was wondering if any mfg. makes 12" wheels that'll fit a 400EX? I am wanting some large mud tires and I love the look of some of the utility wheels.. I am not good with off sets so if someone could please gide me in the right direction, it'd be appreciated!

Thanks!

katch26
11-25-2008, 03:09 PM
probably but will it tuck behind the foot rest?

Brauap
11-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Ohh.. good point.. I remember my 22" mudders use to hit the stock plastic one if you pushed it back about 1/2"

Maybe with like an 1 1/4-3/4" swing arm..

katch26
11-25-2008, 03:23 PM
yeah with a longer swingarm you could def get it going. Ive seen them before but always wondered how well the motor could pull them

Brauap
11-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Well, if I run 23" rears 23" fronts, I'd prolly run a 13T front or a 14T front with a few teeth added to the rear..

lilyamaharacer4
11-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Why in the world would you want utility quad tires and rims?

And just to let ya know utility tires and wheels are made for utility quads not a ex.

leasureryan
11-25-2008, 05:34 PM
here we go again.....

If you want a utility quad...why not just buy one?

You are probly one of those guys who wants to mount a winch on the front too huh?

powermadd400ex
11-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan
here we go again.....

If you want a utility quad...why not just buy one?

You are probly one of those guys who wants to mount a winch on the front too huh?
he actually made a thread about mounting a winch a couple weeks ago. :rolleyes:

fauxamish
11-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Here is the thread if you want a chuckle...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371122&highlight=winch

steffen_ex
11-25-2008, 06:36 PM
ok, i don't recommend putting that big of tires on and im sure that any person on here would agree, but, i have put on a set of 25in mudders on before from our rancher just because i could, it only stayed on for a total of ten mins because it was completely ridiculous, pointless, and just looked dumb, plus i didnt plan on keeping them on, i just wanted to see what it would look like,and it kept my dad entertained!!!!! but if u want big tires on, rims from a rancher or any model like that (recon, foreman), will fit.....but if u want mudders, why dont u just use the itp's that are for the racers, they should work just as good???

storms400ex
11-25-2008, 08:54 PM
whatever your smoking we all want some too:blah:

Brauap
11-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Guys.. chill. I ride in WV with the 4x4's.. I chose a 2x4 because it would be more of a challenge.. I would just get 23" rears.. 1" bigger than 22"s.. and I wouldn't keep them on all the time.. only when I ride down in W.V.

I want a Winch for when I ride alone (lets not start a war again.. :rolleyes:) and get stuck.. an easy back up.. stop bagging me for what I want to make my quad more suitable for my riding conditions.. I am also going to buy some Razrs.. so you guys.. chill.

Brauap
11-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by steffen_ex
but if u want mudders, why dont u just use the itp's that are for the racers, they should work just as good???

This is what I am thinking.. alot cheaper and easier.. but I prefer to use Swamp Witches, however.

leasureryan
11-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
Guys.. chill. I ride in WV with the 4x4's.. I chose a 2x4 because it would be more of a challenge.. I would just get 23" rears.. 1" bigger than 22"s.. and I wouldn't keep them on all the time.. only when I ride down in W.V.

I want a Winch for when I ride alone (lets not start a war again.. :rolleyes:) and get stuck.. an easy back up.. stop bagging me for what I want to make my quad more suitable for my riding conditions.. I am also going to buy some Razrs.. so you guys.. chill.

bro...I ride everywhere as well...Alot of us guys from Ohio and surrounding come accross some pretty hairy obsticals. But I ALWAYS manage to get anywhere (AND SOME) that the 4x4 guys go. And faster at that. I seen you said your "mom tried to buy you a set of razr 2's from RockyMountain.......found out it was only priced for 1 tire and cancelled the order". Here is what I suggest to you...BUY THEM. Holeshot HD's and Razr2's are the best possible trail tire you can use on a 400ex. Mine are 20's...but you can get 22's.

And as far as the winch thing goes...do it if you must....but just know, that if I see you, anywhere, ever....you will know I am getting one hell of a good laugh. So I hope you are okay with that

and if you can't get your quad out of a bind on your own...I suggest buying a Blaster for those "alone" times

Brauap
11-25-2008, 10:26 PM
But there soo much $$$! Maybe if I can find some lightly used ones..?

Also about wheel sizes..

I have run 20" tires for about a year now.. but I am thinking about going 22/23 What do you guys think.. I searched and I heard alot of people saying "it felt tipsy" but did anyone else notice that? I really need ground clearence where I ride too!

leasureryan
11-25-2008, 10:36 PM
you will have alot of side wall roll...almost gonna need beadlocks, or you will be digging grass and dirt from out your rims. No big deal there though. If you can get used to that feeling, no big deal. Probly have to keep alot more air pressure in them, so the side walls stay nice and stiff. Probly atleast 6 lbs My 20's are the best damn tire in the world! And I can run 0-1 psi with no problems Like I said....never been stuck due to tire....only stuck on the skid plate RARELY in like JEEP sized ruts. Just lift the *** end, tires on top of rut...shoot off like a rocket! No mud hole will stop you I can gurantee that. They are heavy as sin though

Pipeless416
11-25-2008, 10:39 PM
everybody is always so concerned with what other people are riding.. do whatever YOU want to do to YOUR quad Brauap. my dad has a set of 22" mudsharks for his z400 that he uses when it snows. they work pretty well in mud too. they really aren't much heavier than my klaws.

katch26
11-26-2008, 06:58 AM
mudlites look pretty sweet, I know youre a maxxis guy but I hear these are the ticket for mud/sport use
http://i38.tinypic.com/9huwdl.jpg

Brauap
11-26-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm in love with these.. sorry.
They came on the quad.. there soo good in the snow and mud, and even just around the yard! (But they tare the yard up too much! There like tractor tires!)

Brauap
11-26-2008, 08:36 AM
(the one on the right is the rear that I use.. you can also get them pretty cheep too.. around $70-80)

I think it is so dumb when people like put mudlites on the front of their 400.. DUDE ITS 2 WHEEL DRIVE!! haha

lilyamaharacer4
11-26-2008, 09:04 AM
(the one on the right is the rear that I use.. you can also get them pretty cheep too.. around $70-80)

I think it is so dumb when people like put mudlites on the front of their 400.. DUDE ITS 2 WHEEL DRIVE!! haha

Dude listen to yourself. And yes some people do put mudlites front and rear on their quad but atleast they are the right size for the quad not swamp tires. Heres some advice if you want utility tires get a utility quad and be done with it.

If i were you id just get the hds and call it a day, just get the standard tire sizes and order a beefy swingarm skid plate. Not your flimsy cheap dg ones. And where ground clearance becomes a problem you can just slide over it without worrying about bending your flimsy swingarm skid.

Brauap
11-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by lilyamaharacer4
Dude listen to yourself. And yes some people do put mudlites front and rear on their quad but atleast they are the right size for the quad not swamp tires. Heres some advice if you want utility tires get a utility quad and be done with it.

If i were you id just get the hds and call it a day, just get the standard tire sizes and order a beefy swingarm skid plate. Not your flimsy cheap dg ones. And where ground clearance becomes a problem you can just slide over it without worrying about bending your flimsy swingarm skid.

stfu dude.. I do not want a utility and those are only when I ride with the 4x4's.. I asked you a question.. not to criize me over every f'ing little thing I do! GOD! :rolleyes:

Brauap
11-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by hondarider11
You my friend are the biggest jack off I have ever come into contact with.

Yea? Why is that? Why am I the biggest 'jack off' you have ever come into contact with?

Brauap
11-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by hondarider11
And to what you said above. The only reason people critize you is becuase you never actually do anything you talk about. You ask millions of dumb questions about dumb parts no one uses and you make treads off of stuff that you can easily research.

I am asking for future preference in my rebuild!

Do I get on your nerve?
Do you wish I'd stop posting?
Never want to have to read another one of my posts or thread again?

Well, you are just in luck! I have this special oppertunity for you! Don't click on any of my threads.. my threads will do just fine with out you and all the other critizers that love to bag on me.. don't want to stop? Thats fine. I don't have a problem with that.. keep posting. Like I care. :ermm:

BigRed44
11-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Hey Bruap, try to not let people get to you on here. Personally i think your threads are great. Keeps me entertained through my boring work day. I do have a serious question to ask though. Is it considered sexual harassment if a midget walks past you and tells you your hair smells good?

Brauap
11-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by BigRed44
Hey Bruap, try to not let people get to you on here. Personally i think your threads are great. Keeps me entertained through my boring work day. I do have a serious question to ask though. Is it considered sexual harassment if a midget walks past you and tells you your hair smells good?

lmfao! I dunno.. :chinese:

leasureryan
11-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Why aren't you willing to give the extra $20 per tire for the Razr2's or the HD's?

Anything worth doing in life....is WORTH doing CORRECTLY!

If you go to vegas...and have the opprotunity to buy a good looking girl...but she is a little overweight (mudlites)...and for every EXTRA $10 you gave her, she would majicly lose 10lbs instanly.....you wouldn't flip the extra $40 to get the hottest chick you could? (Razr2"s or HD's)

Just silly not to go the extra mile IMO

Agian...do as you must....I'm not going to call you a strawberry douche, or a retard....I can mearly make suggestions

Brauap
11-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Why aren't you willing to give the extra $20 per tire for the Razr2's or the HD's?

Anything worth doing in life....is WORTH doing CORRECTLY!

If you go to vegas...and have the opprotunity to buy a good looking girl...but she is a little overweight (mudlites)...and for every EXTRA $10 you gave her, she would majicly lose 10lbs instanly.....you wouldn't flip the extra $40 to get the hottest chick you could? (Razr2"s or HD's)

Just silly not to go the extra mile IMO

Agian...do as you must....I'm not going to call you a strawberry douche, or a retard....I can mearly make suggestions

Hahaha! Your hilarious!

So it is actually only 20 bucks more per tire? Where where you looking? If thats all it is, heck, her comes the Razr2's! Also I have 5 cupons for RMATV for any item over 150, I get $20 off (with free shipping).. I just hope there still good! Got em' back in April!

coryatver
11-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Colton,

Bigger wheels honda bolt pattern will bolt up but may cause a few problems such as clearance issues with nerfs/heal guards, hitting the battery, air box, subframe, exhuast, and cause gearing issues and VERY poor handling.

Putting them on a sport quad would take the advantages that a sport quad has going for it in the mud and take them away without offering many advantages of doing it.

The best thing to do when mudding with a sport quad is to ride it like a sport quad in the mud not a 4x4 and you can still make it through the same holes as a 4x4. It takes some practice but once you figure it out the 4x4 guys will be amazed. MOMENTUM is key you can accelerate and wheelie/jump into it faster than the 4x4 guys. You need to know how to pick lines through the mud straddling ruts. Learn how to use your weight to wheelie over parts, and put traction to the wheel with the most.

Hope this helps you out

storms400ex
11-26-2008, 10:24 AM
you know how many people are going to laugh at you for putting them on your 400ex!!!!!!!!!! whatever drug your taking you need to stop, cause i'll tell you right now your a dumb motherf@#ker you have a sport quad, not a 4x4. sell it and go buy one!!!!!!!:huh

leasureryan
11-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by storms400ex
you know how many people are going to laugh at you for putting them on your 400ex!!!!!!!!!! whatever drug your taking you need to stop, cause i'll tell you right now your a dumb motherf@#ker you have a sport quad, not a 4x4. sell it and go buy one!!!!!!!:huh

^^^look...a new member already making a name for himself!

anyways...regular retail on these tires is only $104 for the Razr2's and like $114 for the HD's. So I know you will be able to find them for ALOT cheaper. Hell...if you come down to my shop in Mount Vernon Ohio, Mid-Ohio Suzuki Honda Yamaha Kawasaki, (Yes, we are a full 4 line dealership) I will give them to you for as cheap as I can. I'm not a work this week, so I can't tell you the exact price. Either way, it's what you should do. I'm going to search for them, to try and find you the best deal

leasureryan
11-26-2008, 11:16 AM
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do#vehicleSelect

2 Holeshot HD's with your coupons and free sgiping would be

101.95 X 2 = 203.90 - $20 coupon = $183.90 out the door shipped....not bad

leasureryan
11-26-2008, 11:20 AM
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do#vehicleSelect

Razr 2's....best deal, go with these

87.99 X2 = 175.98 - $20 coupon = 155.98 shipped

DO IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They even do them in 22" if you mucst have them....they are $99 each - $20 ....bout $180 shiped

11-26-2008, 11:32 AM
Here's what I say you do.

The mudsharks are one of the sportiest-looking mud tires imho.

You can get them in 21", which is a perfect in between. They have flat tops just like a razr, not rounded like 4x4 tires. They're basically a sporty mud tire.

Get some of those in 21's and then get some 22 or 23 razr2's for the front.

storms400ex
11-26-2008, 12:05 PM
dont forget to put spinners on your 22" and curb feelers you dummy

leasureryan
11-26-2008, 12:55 PM
dont forget to put spinners on your 22" and curb feelers you dummy

Shut up already you fruit! If you can't participate in a positive manner, then stay out!

storms400ex
11-26-2008, 01:29 PM
well i sure in the hell wouldnt steer some one in the wrong direction. you put big wheels on it you'll have to regear the piss of it for one, plus more likely bend or break your axle, plus the frames on the 400ex's are weak from the factory youll be putting everything on stress youll still wont go through the stuff 4x4's go through!! it's 2 wheel drive. sell your 400ex and buy a can-am renegade 800 that way youll have the sport and 4x4 all in one

Brauap
11-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Hell...if you come down to my shop in Mount Vernon Ohio, Mid-Ohio Suzuki Honda Yamaha Kawasaki, (Yes, we are a full 4 line dealership) I will give them to you for as cheap as I can.

:) Thank you dude! Thanks a ton!

Whats the location of the shop and when should I stop by? I'd probally have to be on a weekend so my dad can take me down..

Brauap
11-26-2008, 02:55 PM
leasureryan, the sites you sent me arn't working.. could you please send them again? You da man!

lilyamaharacer4
11-26-2008, 03:00 PM
leasureryan, the sites you sent me arn't working.. could you please send them again? You da man!

Just go onto rockymountainatv.com and find em on there, just type the tire in the search box and theyll come up select size and your good to go.

leasureryan
11-26-2008, 05:31 PM
well i sure in the hell wouldnt steer some one in the wrong direction. you put big wheels on it you'll have to regear the piss of it for one, plus more likely bend or break your axle, plus the frames on the 400ex's are weak from the factory youll be putting everything on stress youll still wont go through the stuff 4x4's go through!! it's 2 wheel drive. sell your 400ex and buy a can-am renegade 800 that way youll have the sport and 4x4 all in one

Read the thread then....you obviously did not! Otherwise, you would realize that we are PAST the 12" tire thing, and we have convinced him to get HD's or Razr2's. All you are doing is kicking a dead dog. If you can't take the time to read every post, don't waste your time posting

Brauap
11-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Read the thread then....you obviously did not! Otherwise, you would realize that we are PAST the 12" tire thing, and we have convinced him to get HD's or Razr2's. All you are doing is kicking a dead dog. If you can't take the time to read every post, don't waste your time posting

;)

Brauap
11-26-2008, 06:40 PM
This is what I had found out for my self..
(I am pretty proud of myself too! :D )

Total Prices (With Cupons Added):

Razr2 Front & Rear................$325.96
Razr2 Front & Razr1 Rear.......$285.96
Razr1 Front & Rear................$241.96

Differences:

Razr2 vs Razr1.......................$76.00
Razr2 vs Razr2&1...................$40.00
Razr1 vs Razr2&1...................$36.00

I am deffently getting the Razr2's! Thanks Guys!!

Now, do you guys think that I should buy ITP Baja's?

leasureryan
11-26-2008, 08:13 PM
you want the 2's on the rear...the fronts don't need much tread.

I suggest the GNCC's for the front

If you are hard up for money, which I know you are cuz you are a youngin'....screw the rims bro...buy GOOD tires! You have rims that do the job...why do you need something fancy? Save that for when you got lots to spend. The whole reason you started this thread was because you were worried about traction....not looking good doing it

storms400ex
11-26-2008, 08:24 PM

excuse me allmighty one you must be god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grr:

Brauap
11-26-2008, 08:57 PM
excuse me allmighty one you must be god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grr:

Sorry to back stab you, but he does have a point.... :ermm:

Brauap
11-26-2008, 08:59 PM

I suggest the GNCC's for the front

If you are hard up for money, which I know you are cuz you are a youngin'....screw the rims bro...buy GOOD tires! You have rims that do the job...why do you need something fancy? Save that for when you got lots to spend. The whole reason you started this thread was because you were worried about traction....not looking good doing it

Yea.. that'll also save me 300 smakeroos!

For the riding I ride in, I need as much tread in the front as possible.. Some of that peanut butter/red clay mud just clogs up the tread, therefore, more the marrier!

Thanks for your help bud!

Pipeless416
11-26-2008, 11:21 PM

heres where i disagree. having too aggressive rear tires and not aggressive enough fronts will cause problems with turning at slower speeds. also, razr II fronts are known as one of the best trail fronts to ever come out because of that large center ridge. even when the tires are full of mud, that ridge can still grab. my klaws aren't very aggressive on the front and they push like crazy. and don't worry about that storms400ex guy. new members with a mouth like him usually don't last long. :macho

coryatver
11-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Razr 2 front tires are the best front tire you can get! Just look at the gncc races almost everyone runs them. get the 21 inch tall version for best handling.

leasureryan
11-27-2008, 10:42 AM
yeah...I agree with the both of you....but.....we are talking money here...and the whole point of this thread was having rear tread...not front. He's just a young fella...and is worried about not having enough money. So buying regular razrs is kinda defeating the whole purpose of this thread