PDA

View Full Version : Optional headlights.

billyboy
11-25-2008, 11:40 AM
I have a 400ex with a quadtech hood on it. Last year I had a heck of a time playing during the winter. I am looking for something that will run off of the stock wiring harness that I can hook up. Maybe mount at the upper shock mounts and use for headlights.
If anyone has any ideas let me know.

I checked wally world out and only found 55w driving lights. I dont think the 400ex stator/battery set-up will run those.

Any help, please.

NacsMXer
11-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Check out Trail Tech's light kits...i've heard nothing but good things. They have mounts that go on the frame or on your handlebars.

http://trailtech.net/lights.html

buck440
11-25-2008, 02:15 PM
you need to cut the wires, white, green and blue, now take both lights out. of the four wires total take any one from each light and put on white, then you take the other two and you put them on green and there you go or youcan put it on green and blue, it dont matter they both have the same brightness but remember to tuck in the extra wire and be prepared to blow fuses cause when you mess with wires it happens. you turn the light switch down for white, green and up if it on green, blue, hope that helps,:D

dariusld
11-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by billyboy
I have a 400ex with a quadtech hood on it. Last year I had a heck of a time playing during the winter. I am looking for something that will run off of the stock wiring harness that I can hook up. Maybe mount at the upper shock mounts and use for headlights.
If anyone has any ideas let me know.

I checked wally world out and only found 55w driving lights. I dont think the 400ex stator/battery set-up will run those.

Any help, please. I did the same thing you are thinking about. Bought some cheap driving lights and put some 35 watt bulbs from Rocky Mountain in them, because they came with 55w. The whole time I wanted Trail Tech's on my handlebars, but went the cheap route. And for light, these lights suck. They are not adjusted well though and I don't like to ride at night anyways.

dariusld
11-25-2008, 05:11 PM
I don't know how to post multiple picts, sorry.

dariusld
11-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Ones a spot and the other is a flood (http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=88&navTitle=Electrical&webCatId=20&prodFamilyId=9406)

Pipeless416
11-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Trailtech makes great lights..