PDA

View Full Version : G force extended hubs

smorris1
11-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Has anybody tried these? What are your opinions?

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?reviews=1&navType=type&page=1&navTitle=ATV+Accessories&webTypeId=17&webCatId=24&stockId=123508&prodFamilyId=14797#vehicleSelect

blankenship
11-24-2008, 04:51 PM
yea currently running them there just like regular hub but wider good buy

smorris1
11-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah a lot of people say they like them but I have heard that it causes bad wobble and that it bends the axle. Has anybody had these problems?

orangeEX
11-24-2008, 08:55 PM
i'm 260lbs but i weighed about 340 lbs at one time and rode hard on a few mx tracks and i did and still do jump alot i've had them for 2 and a half years the only trouble i had was my own fault i didn't tighten my nut up good and one stripped out the splines i just bought another set and been rolling every since i love them
and if i ever bend an axle i'll replace it with another stocker but i don't think i will!! hope this helps

smorris1
11-24-2008, 09:07 PM
ok yeah that helps. I am only 155 lbs. I trail ride 90% of the time and when I do jump its not more than like 5 feet. I am mostly worried about the axle bending but I dont think that will happen.

greenblood01
11-24-2008, 09:42 PM
After having a G-Force axle.. I would rather have a stock axle with the extended hubs. They do the same thing as wheel spacers, for the same price. They are going to put more leverage on your axle, causing it to bend easier, but from what I've seen stock axles are stronger than G-Force anyway.

If you can't afford a good axle (RPM, Lonestar, TEAM) I'd go with the extended hubs.

smorris1
11-25-2008, 06:39 AM
yeah I really dont feel like spending 300-500 on a axle when i really never race mx.

2muchquad
11-25-2008, 06:57 PM
I have the aluminum spacers on the rear for trail riding and i have never bent one.i do jump it from time to time.My buddy rolled it down a hill and never bent them,good product for the money and its intended purpose imo.;)

mak400ex
11-25-2008, 08:04 PM
I went thru 2 pair from rocky, both pair had a slight wobble to them - didnt run true, sent both set back i might have just got a bad set both times ? my stock axle is new so it was the hubs, i might get the g-axle.

lilyamaharacer4
11-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by mak400ex
I went thru 2 pair from rocky, both pair had a slight wobble to them - didnt run true, sent both set back i might have just got a bad set both times ? my stock axle is new so it was the hubs, i might get the g-axle.

Seems like alot of people either love those axles or hate them. Im kinda weiry of getting one cuz i dont wanna go get one bend it and have 2 pay for another one when i coulda just bought the lsr one first and be done with it.

mak400ex
11-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by lilyamaharacer4
Seems like alot of people either love those axles or hate them. Im kinda weiry of getting one cuz i dont wanna go get one bend it and have 2 pay for another one when i coulda just bought the lsr one first and be done with it.

just fyi-
the g-force axle is warrantied for as long as you own the quad, no matter how many you break.

all axle can bend, just how hard do ya ride ?

smorris1
11-25-2008, 08:40 PM
I really dont ride that hard at all like I said before. Thats why I am thinking about the hubs. Is changing the axle easy?

storms400ex
11-25-2008, 08:46 PM
i run wheel spacers and i have no problems

mak400ex
11-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by smorris1
I really dont ride that hard at all like I said before. Thats why I am thinking about the hubs. Is changing the axle easy?

changing the axle takes about 1.5- 2 hrs not bad,

but hubs about 30min

the axle will be true the hubs may have some wobble,

my bro is running the hubs with a very slight wobble not bad enough to take them off he is ok with them

smorris1
11-25-2008, 09:04 PM
i heard they make them now with a steel insert for better strength and less wobble. If I get these i gotta figure out what I am going to do with the front now, haha.

11-26-2008, 12:01 PM
do they make the hub versions for the front? Ive never seen them.

lilyamaharacer4
11-26-2008, 12:27 PM
No, you have to get wheel spacers for the front.

smorris1
11-26-2008, 07:35 PM
yeah i wish they made them for the front so people dont have to buy $400 a arms. I am 99% sure they dont for the front tho. I dont want wheel spacers. I will have to try to find some cheap a arms cause i dont want to use 2:3 offest rims.

Brauap
11-26-2008, 07:51 PM
I am sorry (OFF TOPIC!) But does anyone know if anyone makes spacers that I can widen my rear only 1in? Thanks, and I hope I don't hijack/ruin/ect. your thread!

400exrider707
11-27-2008, 08:38 AM
yeah i wish they made them for the front so people dont have to buy $400 a arms. I am 99% sure they dont for the front tho. I dont want wheel spacers. I will have to try to find some cheap a arms cause i dont want to use 2:3 offest rims.

Extended hubs are the exact same thing as wheel spacers.

As most know, I strongly advise against the use of either. 2:3 rims, though not the best handling would be a better choice than wheel spacers or hubs.

Arms and narrow offset rims are the way to go.

Hubs on the rear are OK at best, but like others said, they will bend your stock axle.

I ran a G-force for two season of MX and never had an issue. It's only $200 for one of them and with a lifetime warranty what could you have to worry about?

I sold my G-force to a buddy who then bent it on his first trip out (he crashed hard, not normal use bendage) He called up RMATV and they are sending him a new one.

smorris1
11-27-2008, 09:48 AM
i wouldnt mind doing the axle because i would rather spend the $70 and get the axle but I dont want to take my whole rear end apart to do it. I dont even know how to change the axle.

lilyamaharacer4
11-27-2008, 09:51 AM
^^ Changing the axle really isnt that complicated as long as you can figure out how to take the locknut off you can do it.

smorris1
11-27-2008, 10:44 PM
i have a service manual so it probably says in there

Brauap
11-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by lilyamaharacer4
^^ Changing the axle really isnt that complicated as long as you can figure out how to take the locknut off you can do it.

That and if your replacing the bearings in the hardest part.

My dad came up with a great idea! You know how the bearings have a tiny lip on them and you have to try to grab that and knock them out? Well he got a screwdriver, made it glow red with his tortch, bent it some, and the its perfect leverage to knock them out!

triple b
12-03-2008, 12:27 PM

Call I shock and ask if they are still having sale on 400ex black +2 a-arms. You saw the ad in the Los Angeles craigslist last month. Have your credit card ready you will not be sorry