PDA

View Full Version : motor question

shallow518
11-24-2008, 01:27 PM
im looking at building a hybrid, i was woundering what the diffrence between a crf450 motor and a trx 450 motor was. im asking because i can probly get my hands on a trx450r motor for cheap and already modded. and if there aint much diffrence then how much harder is it to install?

shallow518
11-25-2008, 01:23 PM
bump

dehner47
11-25-2008, 02:25 PM
i'm no motor expert so ill give you what info i know,then after you read that pm a dude named jrspawn on here.hes a cool dude that can answer and more questons i cant answer.so here i go.i dont really think there is much difference on how it mounts and whats harder then the other.motor mounts will need to be made either way.what kinda frame is it going in?? as for power wise,the crf450 does produce alot more power then the trx450.cant tell you how much more(thats a question for jrspawn) but from guys i know and bikes i've seen,the crf is the way to go.crf motors are alot more expensive then a trx so if you can get ur hands on a trx for cheap,buy that.and from what i have gathered,the crf is a all around better motor in my opinion.but in the world we live in right now and the holidays coming up,sometimes the cheaper is the better.

shallow518
11-25-2008, 06:30 PM
thanks for the info. if the motor mounting is not much easier i will go with the crf because of sheer power issue. im mounting it in a 400ex and wasnt all the power i can get. i thought about a KTM 525 motor but replacment parts and parts needed such as carb and electronics are to expensive. there are a lot of crfs out there and parts are a lot cheaper